7 pounds to go but really struggling

Options
So this year I have managed to lose most of the weight I need to and finally that goal weight is in sight! BUT..... I am struggling big time! I don't know what the problem is! I must admit, I haven't logged in mfp for absolutely ages, initially I faithfully logged, but then I just mentally logged food which did work for me although the weight has come off much slower. Anyway, you would think that I would now be racing towards the finish line, full of determination, and for some reason I'm not. I want to eat absolutely everything in sight (not because I'm hungry!). I have been hovering around the 11 stone mark for ages now, just can't seem to break through that barrier. I feel like I need to shake things up a bit, get my motivation back again, which is why I thought I'd start logging again. Has anyone else felt like this with only a small amount left to go? I feel like if Im not careful, I'm going to completely ruin everything. I want to wake up tomorrow and feel determined and excited again!!!

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Re-adjust your macros and become strict about food logging and measuring again: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Do you workout?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    the last 7 lbs are killer!!
    do as ^^ has said, track all your cals, watch your carbs...and change your workouts, do something different - we just have to be patient cos they will come off despite us thinking it'll never happen. I too am waiting patiently for mine to go, was almost there, had 3 lbs to go then went on a cruise and since then (Jul) just can't shift em. We just have to be patient :)
  • andypandy1109
    andypandy1109 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    its called the home straights ideally your body should be more or less at the size it is going to be for goal ...but achiving the number is important.
    your not bothered attitude may because you feel you are where you want to be and of course that in itself has its own dangers...we all learn how to diet but not to maintain and that is the hardest thing of all...as we have to take more food on board to remain still it feels like cheating after all the days of less...
    most peeps maintain well on weekends off and counting mon through friday...but you have to get there first..a white fish week may get you moving...its boring and not for continuas use..a normal b/fast ......but white fish x 2 per day steamed poached done in foil either with salad pasta mash keep it all boiled or steamed...like i say its farily boring but white fish is low in cals very filling and seems to crate a good weight loss...gl with your efforts keep us posted
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I had a problem shedding the weight I had gained during the holidays,last year.. My husband said I was eating too much fruit and he was right. Fruit tends to get stored as fat so unless you are about to go work out and want it as energy, back off of the fruit for a while. I did a body reset. For two weeks I did not eat dairy,fruit and grains. No potatoes either. 1200 cal. The third week I added back an apple only once a day and added 80 cals. 4th week add back grains(I do not eat grains any more so I added back some sweet potato) and add 100 cals. 5th week add back some dairy and 100 cals. I'm on the 4th week and have so far lost 7 pounds and 5 inches. I have plenty of energy. I also work out 5 days a week. BTW,I got this info from certified Beach body coaches. It's called the inferno nutrition challenge. Good luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    its called the home straights ideally your body should be more or less at the size it is going to be for goal ...but achiving the number is important.

^^ so true and that number is soooo important :)
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got to my last 10 2 years ago and lost it and gained 16 pounds (which is a lot for me - I'm 5') :/
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 9 (again!) I was down to 6lbs to go but I fell off the wagon a little bit! :P

Good luck! It's hard work! :)
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from (notice my ticker :laugh: ) I was initially stuck at 9 lbs left, and found myself not logging as much, or inaccurately logging, and I had to evaluate why. With so little left, I was feeling like I was almost there so why push harder? I had to give myself a strict talking to that almost there is NOT there! I was afraid to go after my goal, because I was afraid I would fail.

I recalculated my goals, setting MFP to 1/2 lb per week loss, refigured my true activity level and starting logging as accurately and as faithfully as possible. I am working on a downward trend again.

You need to really examine yourself, find out why you feel its okay to "slack off" now, and fix that problem.