At Home Exercise

Options
Just wondering what everyone does for exercise at home. Equipment? Aerobic workouts? I have a stationary bike, resistance bands, light weight dumbbells and a yoga mat. I'm looking into getting more fitness items for my at home workouts. Any suggestions?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have a set of adjustable dumbbells, an exercise ball, a medicine ball, a treadclimber, a 300lb barbell weight set, and a power rack w/ lat pull.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyone does for exercise at home. Equipment? Aerobic workouts? I have a stationary bike, resistance bands, light weight dumbbells and a yoga mat. I'm looking into getting more fitness items for my at home workouts. Any suggestions?

Your list sounds like mine ..... minus the stationary bike.

Exercise DVDs (many) for variety. Aerobic step (nice change, I like this), a (cheap) rebounder right now.... I don't know if I'll take the $$$ plunge yet. I've tried a weighted hula hoop (I suck) ..... and a stability ball (which I don't use it much).
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options

Your list sounds like mine ..... minus the stationary bike.

Exercise DVDs (many) for variety. Aerobic step (nice change, I like this), a (cheap) rebounder right now.... I don't know if I'll take the $$$ plunge yet. I've tried a weighted hula hoop (I suck) ..... and a stability ball (which I don't use it much).

Hooping takes practice I've had mine about a week and just got up to being able to hoop for a minute without it falling. I am alternating sides though to make sure I don't get off balance. I'd recommend this for anyone who has space to do it, it's no thought at all for me to put in 20 minutes of effort
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going to the gym, but days I can't make it I really love TURBOFIRE. It's super fun. Kind of pricey, but it has a variety of work outs you can do depending on time you have.
  • chimeresh
    chimeresh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do different videos on YouTube like kickboxing and kettlebell. I have p90x. And sometimes I do workout routines that I find on pininterest. I walk in the park too.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I Put my TV on the Country Western Music channel and dance away by myself. When the music slows down, I cool down, and then get right back it. Of course, you have to like country music, which I do. But any kind of music will do, and its almost free.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for commenting! I love seeing what other people do for their at home workouts. I'm a stay at home mom and making it to the gym just isn't a option for me at the moment. So I bust hump at home and try me best to get a good workout in at home.
  • lynnpdove
    lynnpdove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello everyone...im new here and have a question to see if anyone else can help...I need to loose about 100 lbs and I want to exercise,, but I hurt my back 6 years ago...unable to walk or stand for long..was wondering if I should try a treadmill or maby a weight set with different exercises..not sure about either..thank you
  • mboski2
    mboski2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i have been watching chris powell and his wife Heidi lately (extreme weightloss show on tv) The do so many things with body weight only and the fun part is they include their kids. Heidi does sit ups and everytime she comes up she grabs her baby's toes in the stroller and he has a blast. Whe you walk to the park you do pull ups on the kids monkey bars, push ups against their slides etc. I saw a bunch of fun ideas in SHAPE magazine. It made me realize how much you can do without buying any more things for the house.
  • deanconnors3
    deanconnors3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells, Medicine Ball, Jump Rope and Bodyweight. Just this week added sandbags and a slosh-pipe, I tell you no lie those two little jems are about to become my favorite pieces of equipment. It's a totally different workout than standard weights or resistance, really tags all your support muscles and makes it feel more like work than working out, in a good way though.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a set of 3lb 5lb and 8lb dumbbells. I use those while doing various DVDs.

I also ride my bike and walk a lot.
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom also, I workout to Jillian Michaels dvds, and when my little one is napping, that's my time! or walking, I love to walk.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    hello everyone...im new here and have a question to see if anyone else can help...I need to loose about 100 lbs and I want to exercise,, but I hurt my back 6 years ago...unable to walk or stand for long..was wondering if I should try a treadmill or maby a weight set with different exercises..not sure about either..thank you

Recumbant bike for cardio ..... this would be less taxing on a bad back than a treadmill. Water aerobics is great if you have access to a pool.

Sitting (chair) exercises ..... there should be some videos on YouTube to give you ideas. There are also DVDs - here's a link to several (the website shows video clips & gives reviews ....lots of info).

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/seated-exercise-exercise-videos-47