OMG! I ATE THE CHOCOLATE!!!!

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Arrrggghhh!!!:explode: I did...I ate it! A whole bar! Like 280 calories worth! I'm SOOOOOOO mad at myself! I know I wouldn't have done it had I not had the extra calories for today...but I did and I ATE it! I shouldn't beat myself up...I know, but my self-control is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Especially when it comes to anything sweet! And I'm scared for tonight! I have this BBQ I'm going to and NO idea what kind of goodies will be there! I have about 800 calories remaining for the day. (I was good and had a light breakfast and lunch) so I'm really hoping that I can stay within my limit! Wish me luck everyone! I can do it! Right?

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    Arrrggghhh!!!:explode: I did...I ate it! A whole bar! Like 280 calories worth! I'm SOOOOOOO mad at myself! I know I wouldn't have done it had I not had the extra calories for today...but I did and I ATE it! I shouldn't beat myself up...I know, but my self-control is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Especially when it comes to anything sweet! And I'm scared for tonight! I have this BBQ I'm going to and NO idea what kind of goodies will be there! I have about 800 calories remaining for the day. (I was good and had a light breakfast and lunch) so I'm really hoping that I can stay within my limit! Wish me luck everyone! I can do it! Right?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's ok, don't feel bad. last night I ordered dessert in a restaurant- Molten Lava Cake with vanilla frozen yogurt and whip cream. Split it with my guy but my half HAD to have had 7-800 cals in it. Boy when I take a night off I REALLY take a night off! :laugh: And I don't feel bad about it at all. for the day I was only over by about 2-300cals. And hey, it doesnt sound like you went over at all! :flowerforyou: cheer up!
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't get too uptight about it.. Enjoy this little pleasure and run your stairs up and down for 10 minutes or so.
    XX
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself, it happens to all of us sooner or later!
    Tonight though, try drinking lots of water if you can, and fill up with salad, so that hopefully, you won't "go hog wild"!! :laugh:
  • Atlantis2350
    Options
    :drinker: Everyone is entitled to a little endulgance... :tongue:
    As they say "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips" :tongue:
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    800 calories left is good :).
    Just try exercising for about 40 extra mins (at 2.5mph for 40mins you'll burn 211 calories as it says on my treadmill).At the BBQ and anywhere else when you're tempted. Get one or one small peice of everything you want and possibly one spoonful of rice or coleslaw or side dish stuff :D and then when you get done eating, give it a few minutes (10mins?) so your food can sorta settle in and then you won't be hungry but you may be tempted and I have the same problem; it's not that we're hungry, we just crave the taste. And when it comes to that, get a little bit of the healthiest or lowest calorie food option and eat about 1 spoonful of that or eat a spear of a kosher pickle or a few ice cubes or something really low in calories (those spear pickles only have 5calories for 3/4 of the pickle so for the whole spear it's about 7calories).
    This way you get some taste or a munch of something that fills you. Or you could also wait ten mins (I know this is going to be a little hard and the reason I say this is because if you're like me, you want the taste of sweet BBQ sauce and food to be there forever :D) and then go brush your teeth with minty toothpaste; food is less appealing then. Get into the habit of telling yourself no and sort of "training" yourself which I'm doing now also, by putting down the fork after you eat the main thing and a few bites of the side and go put the plate up,. your telling yourself you won't eat it and then you'll get in the habit of not eating all of your food and eating smaller portions. Try putting something good but low calorie in front of you that you find irresistable and put it in front of you and just tell yourself "no" and keep practicing and just engage in a conversation and don't think about it. Think of that extra snack as poison. Do you want to lose all you worked for over a chocolate bar? Sure, treat yourself to a sweet snack or a good meal once every week so you don't get angry and quit like I usually do.
    It all comes back down to telling yourself no :)
    Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • ColleenLG
    ColleenLG Posts: 29
    Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself up over it. That's what is great about MFP. You CAN have chocolate if you have the calories to eat it. I know for me. it is where I have failed in the past with diets. It is those diets that say YOU CAN"T HAVE______ that I end up having ________!! :tongue:

You are doing great!! Enjoy your BBQ tonight!! :smile:

~Colleen~
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks guys! Love you all! And guess what?! I felt so bad that I took the dogs for a quick 2 mile walk! That should make up for it, right?! LOL...I'm such a dork! Anyways...your kind words seriously lift my spirits!! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I had the kettlecorn (it was butter rum flavor, for goodness sakes!) AND half a marionberry turnover this morning at the grower's market. Would have gone for half a tamale, but the line was too long (thank goodness!!). Now I am just planning the rest of my meals as conservative, and when I go to the gym I will be sure to hit at least my minimum requirements *(my mindset is, I ate the goods, so I dang well at least do a regular workout. No whimping today). Just think of all the butter I KNOW this bakery uses in their pastry dough. UGG. Okay, at least I don't have a cholesterol test or anything like that tomorrow!!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Try to get in a 30 run! That will burn all those calories right off!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No panic, I had godiva truffles for lunch and for my snack today. Mucho lots of calories and we don't even need to discuss the fat and sugar content.....oh well. Not my healthiest day but still under calories if I eat a sensible dinner.

You gotta endulge every now and then or you're doomed to fail on the whole lifestyle change thing. A life of avoiding chocolate is not worth living!

Tess
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Just try not to do it every day or all of the time. You cannot deny your cravings all the time, sometimes we all have to be bad. I am a sucker for rootbeer floats!!!! If you get down on urself every time you enjoy the chocolate, then you are just not gonna enjoy the chocolate.....and likely to stop trying. WE ALL need chocolate loveliness once in a while~!