Need something new besides Zumba

Options
I'm completely bored of doing Zumba after 4 months of doing it almost everyday. I need suggestions of anything else to try or that even pushes myself more. But it needs to be things that I can do at home, and needs to be somewhat at least intriguing to keep my attention. I do as we'll do some weights a few times a week and some floor exercises.

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you like dance type of workouts I highly recommend Billy Blanks JR workouts...he is super fun, cracks you up the whole time so it doesn't seem like you are sweating so bad and definent gets the cardio up there so you burn alot of calories. I like the Dance Party Bootcamp of his best but all of his ones are good. Or Madonna Grimes also is super excellent if you like dance type of workouts. IF you want something totally different you might like Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai. That one combines the kettlebell with aerobic type excercise and its really fun....burns "alot" of calories.
  • jenndeirdre
    jenndeirdre Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ill look up those! Plan to pick up something Thursday so give me a little bit to choose.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    May I suggest going to Youtube and searching cardio exercises (or whatever you're in the mood to do that day). There are tons of videos including full length workouts from Jillian Michaels, Tae Bo and loads of other workouts you can do. I find the Befit channel to be a great one. I've also found some really great belly dancing and tabata workouts on youtube as well.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Convict conditioning. Paintball. Free-running. Snake charming. Water polo. Jumprope. American Ninja tryouts. Parkour. Tae-bo. Bareknuckle boxing. Street luge. BMX. Rollerblading. Competitive headstands. Toe Wrestling. Table tennis. Olympic Twerking. B-boy dancing. Professional "hollering." Riverdance. Reverse Zumba. Rodeo?

seriously. aside from "I do Zumba and some weight training" we have no basis to form opinions.
  • Bolin1215
    Options
    I do Richard Simmons videos and you tube has some great work outs. I know a lot of people are like Richard Simmons really? But truth be told i lost 33 lbs(before i got pregnant) doing just his videos. But you tube has some good work outs as well...Good luck and keep it up! :)
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba as well, but my favorite is any type of Cardio Kickboxing. I love Turbofire because it is dancey with some kickboxing. If you're not wanting to spend that much money Jillian Michaels has a kickboxing dvd out. Good luck. It's always nice to find something you actually enjoy doing.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Convict conditioning. Paintball. Free-running. Snake charming. Water polo. Jumprope. American Ninja tryouts. Parkour. Tae-bo. Bareknuckle boxing. Street luge. BMX. Rollerblading. Competitive headstands. Toe Wrestling. Table tennis. Olympic Twerking. B-boy dancing. Professional "hollering." Riverdance. Reverse Zumba. Rodeo?

seriously. aside from "I do Zumba and some weight training" we have no basis to form opinions.

I :heart: this.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

WTF is snake charming?

twerking is really hard on your back- I ownder how the olympians are handling the strain.

LMFAO- this list is kind of awesome though.

My suggestion:
    Bowka.
    Rock Climbing
    Zouk
    Salsa
  • turboyvette
    Options
    I suggest turbofire! Its great music, a geat burn and a ot of fun! Totally worth the money! Good luck!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Is it that you are tired of Zumba, or that you've been doing the same DVDs and want more variety?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Prancercize
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded workout training app from Nike, really cool and tons of different exercises. I'm still sore this morning from yesterday but it's all good.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Prancercize

That completes this list:

:laugh: :laugh:

There are a ton of different Zumba videos out there. Different instructors have different styles and use different music/moves. I go roughly 2-3 times a week and it's with a different instructor each time. I think doing this keeps the class entertaining and worth while. If you are doing it at home and not in a class setting, I would look up Batuka videos on YouTube. It's similar to Zumba.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You should try hula hooping!
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Olympic Twerking ftw.