New Here

Options
Hi, my name is Heather . I'm very new here. I dont really know what to say. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. Getting picked on and ignored as the fat kid all through school is no fun. I just recently was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes so now I'm trying to get into shape and get healthy to keep my sugar down. Because, at the moment my doctor doesn't have me on medication for my diabetes, and I'm trying to keep from having to be put on medication. I'm hoping that this site will help to do that. Talk soon

Replies

• KimikoAnne
    Options
    Welcome! I know you can do it :) It's tough to lose weight, but we're all here for you. Everyone is really friendly and accepting on this site. I'd love to help support each other. Good luck!
  • cshaffer213
    Options
    :happy: Hello Heather! Well this is the perfect site!! Everyone on here is very encouraging and what i like to call "my support group"! Welcome aboard as we all go through the journey of being healthy together!!! :) Best of Luck!! :happy:
  • AnnaleisJ
    AnnaleisJ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I too have joined MFP for health reasons-I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and so I'm trying to minimise the impact on my long term health by losing a few lbs and eating the right foods. I'm having to spend a lot of time on this site counting the calories but I have definitely felt the benefits and lost 6lbs already. I really don't want to go down the route of taking any medication if I can help it so really recommend this site!!!

If you want to add me and maybe we can motivate and encourage one another as it's certainly not very easy when you're on your own. :happy:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather -- welcome to MFP. This is a fabulous place to meet other dieters and improve your diet and health. Lots of good luck to you in meeting your goals. Barbie
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Heather,

Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra