FELL OFF THE WAGON... PLEASE HELP ME GET BACK ON.

Options
Hi there,

Can you be the person(s) to help me get back on the wagon? I lost a lot of weight last year but due to medical problems and 'life' I have fallen off of the wagon and put some of the weight back on. I have arthritis and over the winter here I have been suffering majorly. I need to pull my socks up and get myself ready for summer.

I have started a new MFP account as I couldn't stand logging on to my old one and seeing how I had failed myself and my hard work.

I am looking for people to add as friends, who will nag and encourage me to get back on track and back to being the me I am happy with.

Also this site has changed loads since I last used it so may need a tutorial or two.

Please help me get back on track.

Julia

Replies

• nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, Julia! Feel free to add me :) I had my son in May and just started losing weight again in the past 2 weeks. We can keep each other motivated!
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say to you that you can do this, you have done it before, so it can be achieved again. Find food(s) and exercise that works for you, do not punish yourself with things that you do not like to do (notwithstanding that you do have to do something).

Only you can ensure that this will happen, so what is stopping you?
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. I'm on daily and enjoy commenting and encouranging my MFP friends. We can do this!!!
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like!? :)

I've been on here for nearly 3 years, I have ups and downs and for the past 9 months or so I have been fluctuating up and down by around 10lbs either way!

I'm always looking for more friends/support! I'm active on here, and will give you support back too! X
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on mfp off and on for a couple of years now, but steady for the past few months. I didn't log in last week because me and my family were on a camping trip, but other than that I log in every day and I have an open diary. Don't look at it now, because the past few days I have been eating junk food, but I'll be back on track soon especially when my kids go back to school!:smile: But I am more than willing to help motivate you to reach your goals. You did it once before you can do it again!:happy:
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia:

You know you can do this. Dont start Monday or next week. Start at your very next meal. Start now this second.

Please feel free to add me to your friend list. I plan to log in EVERY day so I will be here to nag you.

Shiv
  • donnaladd98
    Options
    I know how you feel...........I haven't exercised all summer and kinda ate whatever so Im paying for that now. I have committed myself to do this for 26 weeks. So far I'm on week 2 and it's not so bad......please join me
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I too fell off the wagon. I lost 25 pounds and have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for the past year. I'm struggling to get back on the wagon . Feel free to add me. We can motivate each other.
  • shazzahare123
    Options
    Hi there please feel free to add me. I have over 12 stone to get rid of. So far lost two stone and six inches off my waist, but this time have the determination and correct mind set. I also have arthritis in both knee's and my hip so believe me I know only too well what you are going through. Be great to have someone who knows what I am going through and someone I can encourage.

Shaz xx:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • TexanDad1979
    Options
    Welcome back, feel free to add me. I log everyday and try to motivate and get motivated as much as possible.
  • pfet226
    pfet226 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently fell off the wagon also! perhaps we can help each other?
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too have fallen off the wagon. I know how it feels. After losing 15 pounds, I stopped MFP and then gained about all 15 back plus a few more. :( This time I am determined not to fail. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    The only person that can get you back on the wagon is yourself. I am sure you want support and I understand that. However, ultimately, you're the only one who can make that decision and do it.
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You've started with an amazing thing by deciding to get "back on the wagon." Life always gets in the way, you just have to get back on and recommit :)

Have you ever thought of arthritis friendly programs? Like swimming or the aqua-cise? (I used to do aqua in college and it was one of the best/funnest workouts i've ever done.)

You're welcome to add me, I'm on everyday and slightly addicted to MFP (my husband would probably change slightly to completely though ;)
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me..... I would love to be one of the people that not only encourages you, but gets encouragement from you. As for starting a new page, it hardly seems necessary - you have already recommitted to this. You could use the old page as a tool to help you remember how it felt when you quit. I did the same thing - lost about 25 pounds, only to stop. I hate that I did that and am recommitting to finally do this. Once and for ALL...... Good luck for all of your future success. :bigsmile:
  • jkos007
    jkos007 Posts: 7
    Options
    I know about that wagon,lol, I started at 318 about 10 weeks ago and have lost 40 pounds but I am struggling with the entire diet lifestlye right now.
    I know this for a fact. YOU can get through it, and I will get through it. Feel free to reach out to me any time
  • SergeantG
    Options
    You can do it!! Feel free to add me! I go through ups and downs too!!! I also need all the support I can get...
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I fell off of the wagon too after a knee injury... but now that I'm in physical therapy for it and am able to do some exercise, I'm doing it because I CAN!

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!! For me, it was about getting over the mental blocks I put up for myself... I'm too busy, my knee hurts, my house is dirty, blah blah blah. Make time for yourself and you will get back in no time!

Feel free to add me also...
  • jdurrell013
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have fallen off the wagon as well.. I am still trying to lose baby weight and my son is almost 5..
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am very good a nagging...lol. Feel free to add. I am one of the plus 100 so my time is going to be very long in da pen.