Sushi!!!

Options
goalss4nika
goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
Do you eat it? What's your favorite kind?

I like California Roll, Boston Roll & Chesapeake Roll. I have NOT build up the courage to eat raw food yet, but I am open to try it. Any ideas on the first raw sushi I should try?

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    There is nothing i don't like with sushi lol

My all time favorite was one I created as a chef special at a restaurant

Salmon, Avocado, Ikura (Large Salmon Roe) and Tobiko. It is so good by itself I didn't need a sauce but they drizzled a little unagi sauce and chili on it which made it that much better
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cooked or Vegetables:
    Sweet Potato Rolls with tempura

Raw - general newbie rolls
    Spicy Rolls (Tuna is my favorite but other fish can be inserted here)
    Spicy Garlic Rolls

It really depends on where I'm at but I love Sushi, I typically make my own as well.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    SUSHI FTW!!!!!!

I could probably eat Sushi every day.

Many years ago there was a sushi place my friend and I would frequent, we knew the chef and he would create new rolls for us to try. There was one he made called the Tiger Roll and it was to DIE FOR!!! YUM

Thanks, now I want sushi!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I like sashimi (raw fish with nothing on it). My favorites are Toro, Salmon, and Tuna.

Toro is the white part of a tuna fish. It's super buttery. I imagine that this is what the meat would taste like if tuna were to mate and reproduce with avocados and have albino offspring.
  • goalss4nika
    Options
    SUSHI FTW!!!!!!

I could probably eat Sushi every day.

Many years ago there was a sushi place my friend and I would frequent, we knew the chef and he would create new rolls for us to try. There was one he made called the Tiger Roll and it was to DIE FOR!!! YUM

Thanks, now I want sushi!

Lol, I am a beginner at eating it. I can't stomach the thought of raw food, but as I was sitting at the rotating bar for lunch, it all look so good! I am not sure of what my first raw experience should be lol.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    There are a few rolls that are not raw. Look for those. Cooked eel, crab, shrimp tempura or veggie rolls.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Try a lovely slice of yellow fin tuna sashimi it is the best!
  • goalss4nika
    Options
    There are a few rolls that are not raw. Look for those. Cooked eel, crab, shrimp tempura or veggie rolls.

I eat the cooked rolls. I like the california roll (imitation crab meat,celery & avocado), boston roll (cooked shrimp,celery & avocado) and Chesapeake roll which has real crab meat and fried shrimp. I am loving the different varieties they have with sushi. I am glad that I started eating it.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I will nom ALL THE SUSHI! Seriously, we go to the buffet and the only thing I won't eat is the egg. Because apparently I love raw fish but can't stomach sweet egg? Favorite is straight up raw salmon (and the less rice the better) and anything spicy, but rolls that have been tempura'd or baked with cream cheese in/on them......omg......::drool::
  • goalss4nika
    Options
    I will nom ALL THE SUSHI! Seriously, we go to the buffet and the only thing I won't eat is the egg. Because apparently I love raw fish but can't stomach sweet egg? Favorite is straight up raw salmon (and the less rice the better) and anything spicy, but rolls that have been tempura'd or baked with cream cheese in/on them......omg......::drool::

Lol @ drool
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Anything that doesnt' have shellfish in it. I love the rainbow roll if the place makes it wihtout crab :) I'd eat the shellfish too if it woudln't kill me. Love less rice and more fish.. and i love spicy rolls and tobiko.. love the cruncy ones too :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    toro is my favorite.

love all the sashimis and unagi.

favorite fake sushi is the Caterpillar roll. love that avocado!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Love sashimi, sushi and unagi.

But I'm not a fan of the California rolls. At all. All that cream cheese and stuff isn't Japanese food.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Love it especially the raw stuff! Spicy Tuna roll is my fave!!
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I fought trying sushi forever. Probably only been a year since I ate it at all. But I also was like you. Only cooked stuff for me please. But then I finally decided I had to at least try it. Oh My God..... YUMMMM.

My faves really are the tuna and avocado roll or also salmon and avocado. I will eat sashimi as well but I think rolls are much tastier imo lol
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Just had it for dinner last night. California roll, shrimp sushi, tuna sashimi and salmon sashimi. Will probably go back on Friday or Saturday for dinner. Anyone want to join me?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Having some for lunch today - love it! Start with something simple. Since you haven't had raw before try a roll that has some raw fish inside or a piece of Nigiri - a piece of raw fish on rice. Salmon is safe as well as tuna - not fishy. Once you start, you won't stop! Enjoy!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Cucumber hosomaki, avocado hosomaki, red pepper hosomaki, filled bean curd skins.

Before becoming a vegan I'd pretty much eat any sushi, I lived in Taiwan so sushi was plentiful.

Enjoy experimenting!
  • goalss4nika
    Options
    UPDATE: I tried the RAW sushi for the first and last time last week. I am not sure if it's a mind thing or what, but raw sushi is not for me. However, today I will be having some cooked sushi for lunch YUM :smile:
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sushi. My fav is unagi ( eel) As long as theres eel, Im so happy. I NEVER used to like tuna, UNTIL I discover Kai Lana omg. They do a lunch special with a soup salad, rice, roll of your choice ( two) and 5 peices of sashmi. So good. Its salmon, himachi, tuna, and two other peices cant remember what but it was amazing. Freshest sushi EVER!