Hey-oh Im new :)

Options
Hey guys!

I just started using MFP this week! I want to lose b/n 100-150lbs total (I'm currently at 295). By may (my college graduation) I would love to be down 60lbs or so, and by june (my best friends wedding which I am a bridesmaid) I would love to be down 70lbs or so!

I am not as concerned with the weight number, but I would love to be wearing a size 12 jean again (or even lower)

I was a 3 sport (volleyball, basketball, track & field) athlete in High School, and ever since graduating and no longer playing sports in college it has been so easy for me to gain weight (50lbs since the start of my senior year in High School) and lose that discipline I once had as an athlete. I want to get to an even healthier weight than what I was in high school (I was still very unhealthy even as an athlete).

If you guys have any advice it would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome , this site has all the tools you need for success. Just log everything and start moving. Join some challenges and you will do great.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! This is the best.... I've lost 11lbs in 3 weeks pretty much from the calorie control & advice from here. You'll love it! :wink:
  • nvanderwoude
    nvanderwoude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Where can I find these challenges?
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and I love this site because I've always hated counting calories and using the tools on this site it makes it so easy. I have a lot of weight to lose too and with MFP and all the great people on here I think i can actually succeed this time.
  • KimikoAnne
    Options
    Welcome! I have to lose a good amount myself. Maybe we can help encourage each other :)
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    welcome! you've come to a great place to help with your journey. you'll love it here! good luck with everything :]
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Let's encourage each other! By Halloween I hope to be 150 and by the end of Nov. I hope to be 140 for my HS reunion! I'm really new to this. Let's post helpful hints and encouraging words! We can do it!!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope this site helps your during your weight loss journey. If your look for friends, feel free to add me!! I'll keep ya motivated!! I have lost 30 pounds so far to date, and looking to lose 70 more. There is weight loss challenges everywhere in here..weight loss ones, exercise challenges. Best luck to you!!
  • nvanderwoude
    nvanderwoude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so glad to have you all welcoming me and encouraging! This quest will definitely require a lot of support! I have enlisted my friends (who are all skinny) to help keep me motivated and on track! But it is great to have people who are in the same boat! I hope we can encourage each other and together reach our goals! I am really excited about this journey and I can wait to see the results of all the hard work!!

I have been doing this for a week now, and I wanted to weight in... but it turns out the scale I used for my original weight wasn't calibrated right so it says I lost 5lbs, which would be nice but it has to be too good to be true, so after another week hopefully I will have some actual results to look at :)