Cant let it stop me!

Options
fatfreeme2011
fatfreeme2011 Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Ok I have starting working out along with changing my eating habits I brought a treadmill so I get on and walk like 26 mins is the longest so far. I have gotten as big as I am today because whenever I have tried in the past to work out I get sick seems like I sweat get over heated and I get a bad headache the kind that makes you want to vomit which in turn makes me not want to workout. as a child I was the type of kid who couldn't get over exerted couldn't be in the sun too long couldn't get too hot or I would be in the house sick as a dog ... Also I wasn't a obese child my thing is this I have to lose some weight I'm not going to give up this time I can't afford to for my health and a better quality of life what I've been doing since I started lately is having the central air on freeze also a fan set up in the place where I sit to cool down right in my face because the headache is real lol and this has been helpful in stopping the sick feeling from getting out of control..Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

Replies

• kendragetshealthy
    Options
    How about swimming?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good for you trying to make these changes! I know it's hard to start making new habits. Make sure you are very well hydrated before you start exercising and don't feel like you have to hit the workouts hard at first. A slow paced walk may be what you need right now. In fact, you don't need to exercise at all to lose weight. Not that I want to discourage you from trying to become more active, but the fact is that all you really need to do is eat less than what your body needs in order to lose weight. Exercise is just a bonus to burn more calories and reshape your body. So you could either focus on your calorie deficit first or try to find to find the kind of activity that you can do without burning out.
  • fatfreeme2011
    Options
    I dont no how to swim
  • fatfreeme2011
    Options
    how many calories should i eat to lose???
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor about this? Getting overheated and a headache with exertion could be a warning signal of something.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You don't need to know how to swim to participate in Aqua Zumba, as the water is only about chest high. There are many people that don't know how to swim that take Aqua Zumba as well as Aqua Aerobics classes.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options

This link should help you. It's kind of wordy, but if you follow the instructions you should lose the weight you want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide
  • saki1404
    saki1404 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you trying to make these changes! I know it's hard to start making new habits. Make sure you are very well hydrated before you start exercising and don't feel like you have to hit the workouts hard at first. A slow paced walk may be what you need right now. In fact, you don't need to exercise at all to lose weight. Not that I want to discourage you from trying to become more active, but the fact is that all you really need to do is eat less than what your body needs in order to lose weight. Exercise is just a bonus to burn more calories and reshape your body. So you could either focus on your calorie deficit first or try to find to find the kind of activity that you can do without burning out.

this ^^^^ if you don't know how to swim... learn.

in order to find out how many calories you should burn, use the Goals at the top of the webpage or in your app and let My Fitness Pal calculate it for you. It will give you a general estimate of what you body will need based on your weight loss desire and level of activity.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Here on my fitness pal click on Settings. Then on the blue bar click on Goals. You'll need to put in your info like your activity level and how much you want to lose per week and it'll tell you how many calories you can have per day based on that info and your weight.
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for your positive attitude! I admire that you're looking for a solution or alternative rather than just giving up. Fight through this...you'll be very satisfied with the results. I am proud of you!
This discussion has been closed.