I'VE GOT 12 INCHES

Options
:devil: :bigsmile: :devil: Gone from my waist among other NSVs for today. My size 40 shorts were loose so I tried on some size 38 waist jeans that were in my dresser and the fit great! Squatted and straight-leg deadlifted 200 pounds for multiple sets today.

What NSV are you proud of today?:drinker:

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This morning I broke my PR for a 10k run by a full five minutes (1:05:00). Last time I PR'ed it was on 10 mile run on a hilly course (and it was pouring, but I think that actually helped). Today's run was flat, the air was cool and crisp, and I just felt in the zone. Set out to do five miles, mid run decided to stretch it to a 10k. Couldn't be happier.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Awesome I love running NSVs!
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting! Darn you, hidden titles. :) Congrats on your progress!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    Not what I was expecting! Darn you, hidden titles. :) Congrats on your progress!

Maybe a double entendre...:bigsmile:
  • TheLoneMarmot
    TheLoneMarmot Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This morning I broke my PR for a 10k run by a full five minutes (1:05:00). Last time I PR'ed it was on 10 mile run on a hilly course (and it was pouring, but I think that actually helped). Today's run was flat, the air was cool and crisp, and I just felt in the zone. Set out to do five miles, mid run decided to stretch it to a 10k. Couldn't be happier.

Congratulations!

I often find my run times are better when the weather is cool and crisp as you experienced.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    just putting this on my wall
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    I want this on my News feed.

Great work
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've finally increased the incline on my Treadmill to 5% and (touch wood), my knee ligaments are doing ok! Woop Woop!! :drinker: :happy:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    A few days ago, I finally ran a 25 minute 5k! It was self-timed, but I am still super pumped about it!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    :drinker: Mabel-Awesome job, knock on wood, hope the knee holds up!

Karl-running NSVs rock and FR accepted! Welcome aboard!:drinker:
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    A few days ago, I finally ran a 25 minute 5k! It was self-timed, but I am still super pumped about it!

That's awesome. I did one last Saturday that I timed at 28:30. Guntime was 29:30.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    ... knock on wood...

Just wanted to quote this part.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I have the same absence of 12 inches that you do! Yay us!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    Ze that's great! FR accepted!:drinker:
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Upped my intensity running this am - didn't REALLY wanna run but, there you go - to a 3 minute run/1 min walk. With the added obstacles of the people driving up & down the road (where did they come from?) and the garbage truck who decided to pull to the side of the road where I was running (gee, thanx!) and accidently stepping into a mud puddle, I was able to do it, not shorting the running times at all and...so far....I've made it! PLUS, I found an on demand tv channel with a bunch of work outs on it, and I did a Yoga for Runners routine as well.

So, over all...a pretty good job for a chick who didn't wanna work out today!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was full of Non-scale victories (NSV) for me, a delightful turnaround from my 'fell off wagon' last week where I gained 5# in 48 hours and 6.4# in 7 days.
    I was on leave all last week and stopped logging, monitoring sodium, and cardio all at the same time; this, plus overeating and a lot of eating out added up to the weight gain. To counter this lapse in action, I decided to start this week HARDCORE.
    I have a sedentary desk job. I work from home 3 days a week and do cardio while working (homemade treadmill desk). I work 2 days a week in a skyscraper, so even though those are rest days, I take advantage of the stairs.
    On my 2 'onsite' days, my daily goal is usually >2,000 stairs and >75 floors. Yesterday I decided to do BOTH stairs at work AND 'deskmill' at home, which I never do on the same day. As a result, I set 4 personal records (PR):
    • 4,014 stairs traversed at work (manually tracked)
    • 23,025 steps taken (as per FitBit One)
    • 130 floors climbed (as per FitBit One)
    • 11.46 miles traveled (as per FitBit One)

I also earned 3 FitBit badges (milestones) yesterday:
    • Daily Steps > 20,000 steps
    • Daily Climb > 125 floors
    • Lifetime Climb > 4,000 floors (747 cruising altitude)
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSVs!! Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!