im a little erk'ed about this.....:(

Options
alright,
here we go.

Im doing the 1200 calorie intake, and I feel like im eating all the time. I never feel hungry. and actually feel full most of the time. I work out every day. for about an hour and im not losing any weight.
I don't know what im doing wrong.

HELP!!!

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?

Are you completing your food diary? If you don't eat enough it tells you at the bottom of your diary entry that your body goes into starvation mode because it needs X amount of calories just to do what it needs to do every day.

Try it for a couple of weeks, eat most of your exercise calories and hopefully you will see a difference.

Good luck
  • getfitwithjackie
    getfitwithjackie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also look at the balance between protein carbs & fat - you may be shorting yourself on protein, which you need to make muscle, which you need to raise your metabolism. Also in your workouts be sure to do strength training not just cardio - stronger muscles, stronger bones + you burn more calories at rest when your have more lean mass. Good luck!:smile:
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    From looking at your food diary, your body is not getting the nutrition it needs. No dairy, no fruit and vegetables, little protein. You probably need to up your calories and eat a more nutritious variety of foods.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you aren't eating enough.

and I'd focus on eating quality foods.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    If you're logging honestly then you aren't eating enough.

Also, do you weigh out/measure your food? If you aren't you could even be under/overestimating what you are eating.

Heart rate monitors are also recommended for a more accurate calorie burn if you are doing higher intensity workouts. :)
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you're logging honestly then you aren't eating enough.

Also, do you weigh out/measure your food? If you aren't you could even be under/overestimating what you are eating.

Heart rate monitors are also recommended for a more accurate calorie burn if you are doing higher intensity workouts. :)

I do log everything. and I measure some things with dry measuring cups.
    and I have a HRM its like a watch type.

I think if monitor all of them more often, I might do better.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    From looking at your food diary, your body is not getting the nutrition it needs. No dairy, no fruit and vegetables, little protein. You probably need to up your calories and eat a more nutritious variety of foods.

+1

What you're eating is not helping you reach your goals. You need vitamins and minerals. You need Protein. You need lots of water.

Learn to love salad. You can eat veggies endlessly and not go crazy on calories. Get protein from meats like chicken or turkey.

Don't just eat small. Eat healthy.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    You're actually not doing the 1200 calorie plan.

If you were doing the 1200 calorie plan, you'd be eating at LEAST 1200 calories per day, plus eating at LEAST a portion of your exercise calories. You'd also be coming a lot closer to hitting your macro- and micro-nutrient goals.

Eat more. Eat more protein. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Follow the plan the way MFP has laid it out. It will work if you're doing it correctly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well since you are measuring, you are probably eating too little. What is your height weight and workout routine? I suspect another 500 calories could be beneficial.
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well since you are measuring, you are probably eating too little. What is your height weight and workout routine? I suspect another 500 calories could be beneficial.

I am 5'9 and 280.
    I work out about 60-80 minutes a day. with a very like walk on the seventh.
    most of it is a nice circuit training warm up for about 10 minutes. then running for about 30, then a brisk walk after until I reach an hour or so. then abs and stretching.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Does MFP say you should be eating 1200 calories a day? I'm also 5'9" and though I'm heavier, I listed my lifestyle as sedentary and MFP has me at 2160 calories a day, losing 1.5 pounds a week. It really sounds like you should be eating more, and eating healthier. You're probably putting your body into starvation mode, which is making you hold onto the weight (a problem my cousin was having).
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary; you're not even hitting 1,200.

Eat more. Eat less processed foods. Eat some, if not MOST of those huge exercise calories you're burning.

It doesn't have to be such hard work.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    eat your exercise calories in fruit and vegetables.. You need some good fiber in this diet..
    Make it easy buy frozen vegetables and fruit and make a smoothie..
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    could be that you said you lost 32 pounds in 1 month and your body is regulating itself???
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

I am 5'9 and 280.
    most of it is a nice circuit training warm up for about 10 minutes. then running for about 30, then a brisk walk after until I reach an hour or so. then abs and stretching.

At least, I would put you around 2000 calories a day and not eat back exercise calories with macro's around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats.. This will give you a more balanced diet and still give you a good deficit.

Also, don't worry about sugar.. track fiber instead as it's a bit more important.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I am 5'9 and 280.

I'm 5'9" and at 217 pounds I was losing weight on 1800 calories a day. I was hitting 140g of protein as well as eating lots of fruits and vegetables.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The "1200 calorie plan" is not for you. It's for a 5' woman who weighs maybe 120 lbs and wants to drop 5 lbs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're not eating well, and not eating anywhere enough for your weight. Read the replies above mine.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Fuel your body. Exercising for an hour a day...1200 is not enough, up it to 1500 or so and I bet you'll see those results you want
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm about your height and when I was your weight I ate nearly twice as many calories as you do and I had no problem losing weight.

I was also getting less exercise back then than you are now and I was close to 10 years older than you are.

I don't see how you could be anywhere close to as much energy as your body needs.

ETA: When I said I ate twice as many calories as you do, I assumed you were actually eating all 1200 calories you mention in your post. Since you really eat less than that, I was actually eating several times as much as you do.