New and looking for other moms

Options
I just joined the site last night and I'm looking for new ideas on how to keep my family and myself healthy without depriving them of flavor and fun. I'd love to know where to direct myself to meet people with the same interests as me.

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but I have a 4 year old and do the menu planning for my family. We are making some changes but still eat great food that he and my husband like. :) We are slowly working on getting in more activity as a family too (ok, at least I am). You are welcome to friend request me if you want!
  • mkmorris430
    Options
    I am a mom of four. Meal times can be a challenge since my husband is away working a lot. I have to get creative with fun easy meal ideas. Would love to swap ideas! My kids are 18, 17, 16 and 10.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. I have two beautiful little boys and could use the support to lose these last few pounds and then maintain.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :) I have a six-year-old son, and we're TTC.

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • atay15
    Options
    Great to see other moms on here. I am also a mom of 2 young boys and I am looking to get back to the old me. I have only been on the site for about a week, but have noticed that keeping track of portions and calories has already helped me lose a few pounds... But I know from diets in the past I need support from others to keep moving towards my goal. :)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 kids. 2 boys and a girl. I have the problem where my two boys need to gain weight and my husband i need to lose weight so I have tons of temptations in the house. My husband also travels for work. Feel free to send me a friend request because I could use some words of encouragement to keep me on my goal because I have a lot of weight I need to lose.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    single mom of two kids here, assuming you mean flavor in foods I have a few good recipes. add me if you want :D