Options
Hey everyone. I'm Angie. I get very frustrated when it comes to losing weight. I'm a very picky eater but I'm trying to get better at that. My health coach and fitness trainers think I don't eat enough and that's why I'm not losing weight like I want. I am a workout fanatic and workout 5 days a week, about an hour to an hour and a half each time. I was always overweight as a kid until about 14-15 and then I lost a bunch of weight between school years because I was too busy hanging out with friends and only ate once a day. I went from like 165-170 pounds to 125 pounds in like 3 months and kept it off for 4 years until I had my daughter who is now 19. I've been trying ever since to get rid of the mid-section or pouch as I call it. I am now 38 and weigh 140 but think I need to lose about 15 pounds. Everybody thinks I am obsessed with losing weight and they don't think I need to lose but I know I will not be happy until I can get a flatter tummy. If anyone has any good suggestions I would love to hear them. I currently started take Tonalin CLA which is supposed to help weight lose but haven't been on it long enough to tell. They say it takes about a month. Thanks.

Replies

• KimikoAnne
    Options
    Hi Angie! Welcome :) I know losing weight can be tough. I notice you mentioned your fitness/health coaches think you're not eating enough. I have had that experience before, on accident in fact! I started eating healthier foods which did not pack as many calories. So I did not realize I was under what I should be taking in. Your body can go into starvation mode if you go for too long eating under 1200 calories per day. So in fact, once your body repairs itself, you can lose MORE weight by eating more calories. Strange, huh! haha.

I'm not sure how much you're overweight. I read that people tell you that you're just fine? If you're just worried about getting a better stomach but are already in a healthy weight range I'd recommend keeping up the workouts while focusing on your stomach muscles with help from your trainer. It's all about being proud of yourself for the small steps and not getting your hopes set so high you can't reach them.

Good luck! :D
  • AngieGayle
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I think my BMI is at a normal range. I am 5'3 and 140. I would like to get to at least to 125-130. But my stomach is my main frustration. I've been working out strong for 3-4 years now but nothing seems to help me get a flat tummy. I do ab exercises all the time and don't know what I'm doing wrong except the eating thing. That frustrates me too because I am so picky. I don't like hardly any vegetables and I only like certain fruits. I've tried getting over that but so hard. Thanks again for the pep talk :o)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra