coffee date today - SO nervous

Options
I haven't had a date in a LONG time. mostly because I'm afraid of the rejection I'll surely face. yes, being fat has done a number on my confidence when it comes to romance. go figure. :ohwell:

I started reading this book, "The Dance of Fear" and it says to get over it by expecting rejection and just keep doing it until I feel more comfortable. that's the only thing that made me agree to go!

it's a guy I met off a dating site. seems nice. we'll see.

wish me luck!:happy:

Replies

• vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a date in a LONG time. mostly because I'm afraid of the rejection I'll surely face. yes, being fat has done a number on my confidence when it comes to romance. go figure. :ohwell:

I started reading this book, "The Dance of Fear" and it says to get over it by expecting rejection and just keep doing it until I feel more comfortable. that's the only thing that made me agree to go!

it's a guy I met off a dating site. seems nice. we'll see.

wish me luck!:happy:
  • mbrown35
    mbrown35 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck, and remember that this is the first step in getting your confidence back and if it doesn't work out there will be another date around the corner! Good for you to get out and start doing something to feel better about yourself. Hope it goes well!
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    Have you read "Feel the Fear and do it anyway" Try that one too. It doesnt tell you to EXPECT rejection though:noway: (thank God). It tells you to overcome fear by doing the things you fear.

I would suggest EXPECT SUCCESS and then you will eventually draw or attract that success to you. Sometimes when we expect bad things--we draw those things or cause them to actually happen. So on the other side when you think positive thoughts you will draw those things to you as well. :wink:
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wrote that wrong. I didn't mean the book says to expect rejection. more like rejection is part of the process.

Thanks for the info on the other book. I'll check it out. :wink:
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) if you draw on the neg. all you will get is negative. But keeping a positive Attitude even if things don't go the way you want them at first. they eventually will.. you will be happy you faced and concord this fear! Have a great coffee date!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh good luck honey!!!

Just have fun....I hope he's sweet and charming and handsome!!!....just a nice guy all around, because then he'll realize what a catch he's got!:wink:

hugs and tell us all about it please.....I need some excitement in my life....LOL:laugh: ...sad....:ohwell:

Ali :flowerforyou:
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hope all goes well. If he rejects you then that is his problem!!