Multi Grain bread?

Options
Does anyone know of a good low calorie Multi grain bread...?

Replies

• 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I get Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Light Whole Grain Bread, 70 calories for 2 slices.
  • absie107
    Options
    Healthy life double fiber bread. 60 calories, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein per slice.
  • Geni2day
    Options
    Both of those suggestions look great.! I looked them up on the computer and both of them are only sold farther east... I'm on the west coast and I don't think I can get either of them here. They are exactly what I'm looking for too...
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel bread nearly everyday. Not because it is low in calories (which it is not), but for the added nutrition and that it is a low glycemic food. I tend to stay away for low cal - low fat foods and concentrate on good nutrition.
    http://www.foodforlife.com/
  • atombud
    atombud Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own has these per slice

35 Calorie 9-Grain
    35 Calorie Wheat
    35 Calorie Honey Wheat
    35 Calorie White
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Nature's Own Double Fiber Whole Wheat Bread. Not too bad, no sandpapery texture or cardboard flavor. Even hubby likes it. He has to watch carbs because of his diabetes and I have to eat lots of fiber to keep diverticulitis under control. This bread fits the bill for both of us.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with cbirdso, it's more important to me to have quality food so I spend calories on higher cal whole grain bread cause it's worth it
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Sarah Lee 45 calorie Wheat Bread... You can get it at most grocery stores and Costco now... well at least in Utah.
  • Geni2day
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you've given some choices to choose from. Looks like I'll have to go to the market tonight. I wonder if I can get Natures Own at Trader Joes? I know they have Ezekiel bread there...
  • JensLogin
    Options
    Some great suggestion here from other posters. I agree, it's better to spend a little more calories on food that is going to be useful fuel for your body. I would suggested sprouted grain over just a plan multi-grain. Trader Joe's does carry the Ezekial brand; but they also carry their own brand of sprouted grains. I like both of them and appreciate the lower glycemic index.

Good luck!