New On Here - Starting Liquid/Raw Diet Tomorrow

Options
Hey All,

I came across this site looking for like minded peeps to share weight loss struggles with. I have done water fasts in the past and have lasted 9 days max. The weight loss was great but once again I put the weight back on. Looking to start a liquid/raw diet tomorrow and would love some support from all you great peeps out there. Looking to lose about 85 pounds, WISH ME LUCK!

Thank You
Love & Light

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    WISH ME LUCK!

Good luck with your micronutrient deficiency goals :flowerforyou:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    WISH ME LUCK!

• evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Man those are rough... are you doing a juice type diet?
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

But what is your current body fat %? I've done Lyle McDonald style PSMF liquid diets but only to go from like 12% down to 9-10%.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I have done water fasts in the past and have lasted 9 days max. The weight loss was great but once again I put the weight back on.

do you know the definition of insanity?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Good luck.................................

Um, why a liquid/raw diet? You will find all kinds of diets here on MFP, but many users eat regular food in moderation.... here's why.

Lifestyle changes .............these are permanent changes you make that help you keep weight loss off PERMANENTLY.

Eating regular food and logging your portions (seems tedious) ..... but you LEARN. You learn that some foods are shockingly high in calories (tiny portions) .... you learn that some foods are low in nutrition. You learn what foods keep you full. Learning a new lifestyle will take time, but it gives you the tools you need to keep any weight you lose OFF.
  • Fiza007
    Fiza007 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank You ;)
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Why?

^THIS

It seems like you're looking for a quick fix when you should be looking for an all-over lifestyle change. Quick fixes cannot be maintained and you will always end up failing.

Try harder.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No. I will not wish you luck. I wish you failure so that you can start learning from your mistakes and stop seeking starvation/miracle diets and start seeking a healthy lifestyle.

Cheers.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Why?
    ^
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Are you doing this as a cleanse? Honestly, I just recommend sticking to the method of "EATING HEALTHY" If you are doing it for cleansing purposes, just eat more fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water. Losing weight is a lifestyle change, not a "diet" I always used to say stuff like that like "I'm starting the Lemonade Detox tomorrow" or "I'm water fasting for two days" I would always fail. You just need to eat healthy, you'll feel happier too.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    IN

for insanity
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you always gain the weight back, why do you keep doing it?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I like the booze liquid diet,
    works wonders
  • Fiza007
    Fiza007 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have tried Juice Diet and it wasn't for me. So I have decided to try this. All new to me so hopefully it will go well.
  • countingthreads
    Options
    No. I will not wish you luck. I wish you failure so that you can start learning from your mistakes and stop seeking starvation/miracle diets and start seeking a healthy lifestyle.

Cheers.

I am with you on this. I wish you luck with a lifestyle change but quick fixes don't work - I've tried them all. The only thing that has ever worked is if I am religious about keeping my food diary so I can see where I'm going wrong.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't bother with fad diets that are gonna leave you miserable and hungry. Eat under your calorie goal and you'll lose weight just fine, and it will be more healthy for you.

And this may sound really rude....but you'll usually notice those that go on these extreme diets are the ones who are over weight and/or not at their goals. Take a look at all the fit and in shape people on this site....they actually eat a good amount of food.
  • TheCriz76
    TheCriz76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

do you know the definition of insanity?
    [/quote]

This.

Liquid fasts/diets are worthless...you don't learn anything and the weight comes right back on once you start eating real food again. Are you prepared to fast everyday for the rest of your life as opposed to eating real food to keep the weight off? My advise is don't even bother, count calories and move. That's all you have to do.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    WISH ME LUCK!

Although i totally agree with this statement i have to admit. It was an experience (not a good one i might add) going on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. My wife was originally going to get Vertical Gastric Bypass surgery done. They told her she had to go out a liquid diet for 2 weeks and then another low carb, low calorie food diet for 2 months after and drop at least 20lbs. After talking about the idea... which i might add she was in a waiting list for almost 8 years. We decided it wasn't the best idea. You need to take multi vitamins and very strict with diet choices. We really didn't have the budget for. The liquid dropped her weight by about 12lbs in the 2 weeks but i can tell you she was *****y as all get out and yes i did the diet with her.