Weird things you see at the gym

Options
Last night I was at the gym and I saw this guy working out on the hip abductor machine talking to himself going yeah baby yeah baby....
Yeah I lost all focus after that lol

Replies

• MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    Just spitted out my coffee! lol!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    reading a book in the squat rack. While wearing jeans. who knew it was a library!
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Actually I'm just tired of seeing people do one set of benches and then spending 20 minutes floating around staring at their phones or giving a stinkeye at everyone that walks past.
  • ameryati
    ameryati Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last night I was at the gym and I saw this guy working out on the hip abductor machine talking to himself going yeah baby yeah baby....

Lol! I remember this one guy who would go like "Yeahhh, that's right" each time he was on the treadmill or elliptical. I always tried to get a machine far away from him as he was too much of a distraction! lol!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i guess you weren't really that focused to begin with.
  • jennynewbury
    jennynewbury Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some guy on an elliptical l while wearing jeans and a duffle coat was probably the oddest one I have seen in my gym
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    My gym is a running trail and my basement. I see the occasional freaky, disgusting, gross, scary and ugly spider down there. GAG.
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was singing a Justin Beiber song? lol
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weights section
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm just tired of seeing people do one set of benches and then spending 20 minutes floating around staring at their phones or giving a stinkeye at everyone that walks past.

I did a set of bench press once.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

There's a guy at my gym who goes up to the mirror between sets and yells things at himself like "WE GOT THIS" and "WE GO HARD" and "THIS IS HARD."

Also this is an apartment complex gym. It's very small. Feels crowded with more than 3 people in it, extra special gym etiquette required. -_-
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Oh and there's always that one guy on a yoga mat doing about a thousand weak quarter crunches. I want to tap him on the shoulder and tell him it's not going to work, but who am I to burst his bubble? :)
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weights section

*snickers*
  • chris42376
    Options

I see that all the time since my gym is the local community center. People do a quick set on a weight machine and then just sit there for 20 min between sets BSing with the person next to them
  • griffith5150
    Options
    Maybe he was singing a Justin Beiber song? lol

I was thinking more Austin Powers myself lol
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    If I did go to a gym I certainly wouldn't judge or laugh at people. At least they are there, right?
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
  • chris42376
    Options
    If I did go to a gym I certainly wouldn't judge or laugh at people. At least they are there, right?

Good point :)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    We have a whole crew that is slightly chubby that will wrap themselves in Saran wrap before they work out. First time I only saw one...now I know he has like five buddies that have all bought into this plastic wrap madness. They literally pass the plastic wrap around the changing room. :huh:
  • griffith5150
    Options

i guess you weren't really that focused to begin with.

I have ADHD lol lot of things can distract me (I'm the ooo shiny or look squirrel person).... that's why I have Pandora on when I work out to keep my mind focus. This happened right between songs where is a no sound... and he was talking really loud. :bigsmile: