Weird things you see at the gym

Options

Replies

• madtownjeremy
    Options

A trainer should tap her on the shoulder and tell her she can seriously hurt herself doing that. Seriously.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i swear the janitor follows me at the gym. Every day he seems to mopping the floor within 10 feet of me...i could be by the benches and he would be 10 feet away mopping...i could be by the treadmills- yes, he would be next to me. pull up bar- near me. even in the locker room. lol. he reminds me of the indian in one flew over the cuckoo' s nest
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't really see anything that weird....which means it's probably me. :blushing:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Older gentleman, maybe mid to upper 60's, long grey hair in pony tail, cut off blue jean shorts, wife beater tank, walks in with his boots on and then changes over to his kmart special tennis shoes. Proceeds to the weight area. Takes a seat on a bench, meditates for at least 10 minutes...then proceeds to the squat rack. I know...not totally weird just yet but, then he starts his squat session and drips start to fall on the floor between his legs. No! he has not broken a sweat yet. I hope I don't need to explain this any further. I did report that the squat area needed to be cleaned and why though.
  • Red_Sparrow
    Options
    Kipping sit-ups. Dude was like....flailing around on the decline bench trying to jerk his butt up off of it while doing a situp. What.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    564329_10151500256510347_682695346_24185033_311936474_n.jpeg
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A guy working out in just his socks. I didn't think it was that weird when he was doing crunches in the carpeted open area, but then he went to the free weight area and then the weight machines all sans socks.

He also loudly talked on his phone via his blu tooth through his entire workout.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Last night I was at the gym and I saw this guy working out on the hip abductor machine talking to himself going yeah baby yeah baby....
    Yeah I lost all focus after that lol

i guess you weren't really that focused to begin with.

I have ADHD lol lot of things can distract me (I'm the ooo shiny or look squirrel person).... that's why I have Pandora on when I work out to keep my mind focus. This happened right between songs where is a no sound... and he was talking really loud. :bigsmile:

you're 37. you can't have a little kid problem.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Also don't forget:

27963278.jpg
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

There's a guy at my gym who goes up to the mirror between sets and yells things at himself like "WE GOT THIS" and "WE GO HARD" and "THIS IS HARD."

Also this is an apartment complex gym. It's very small. Feels crowded with more than 3 people in it, extra special gym etiquette required. -_-

OMG I am laughing so hard!
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weights section

>.< And that's why I stopped weightlifting after high school. I KNEW I wasn't being paranoid.
  • Red_Sparrow
    Options
    A guy working out in just his socks. I didn't think it was that weird when he was doing crunches in the carpeted open area, but then he went to the free weight area and then the weight machines all sans socks.

He also loudly talked on his phone via his blu tooth through his entire workout.

Lol I'm guilty of this. If I'm planning to run after lifting I'll wear my running shoes so I don't get shin splints, but I'll take my shoes off to lift so the bulky soles don't muck up my squat.

One of the trainers there does a barefoot kettlebell class so I don't worry too much about it.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    Last night I was at the gym and I saw this guy working out on the hip abductor machine talking to himself going yeah baby yeah baby....

I have ADHD lol lot of things can distract me (I'm the ooo shiny or look squirrel person).... that's why I have Pandora on when I work out to keep my mind focus. This happened right between songs where is a no sound... and he was talking really loud. :bigsmile:

You aren't a Dr and yep I do have it and it does exist.

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-adults
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    It's not THAT weird but I like the old guys who wear striped weight lifting pants pulled up extra high like a boxer from the 1920s. You can't just get some shorts or something? Why not at least bring it to the 80s and get some Zubaz pants? Then again I'm not one to talk. I try to wear the dumbest shirt possible on purpose like my $5 pug shirt from Walmart.
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A new PF opened in my neighborhood, and for whatever reason, there are 6 or 7 different people wearing those plastic sweat suits at any given time. And we're not talking about elite athletes trying to make weight either. :noway:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not everyone will think this weird but there was one girl who was into strength competitions. She had large muscles and a deep voice.
  • Cindy679
    Cindy679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My gym is a running trail and my basement. I see the occasional freaky, disgusting, gross, scary and ugly spider down there. GAG.

Funny, you should mention that...my gym is my garage and yesterday I had to chase out a black snake that had made it's way in (and I happen to live above that garage). Shooed him out by wacking at him repeatedly with my workout calendar. He finally got the message after getting a couple of strikes in at the calendar. Dogs thought I had gone bonkers.
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman one day (in great shape) and she was in the locker room. Lying on the floor, doing sit ups, butt naked. I just though OMG what confidence but it still makes me laugh.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

You think ADHD is something you grow out of? Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. :noway:
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Not everyone will think this weird but there was one girl who was into strength competitions. She had large muscles and a deep voice.

Vera-De-Milo-3-1.gif