Need HELP!!!

Options
So, I am training for a half marathon in November. I'm using an app to train and I run 4-5 times a week burning 300-1200 calories/run. I don't lift weights but I do want to start in a week or two. My calorie intake is 1400. In a month I have lost 20 pounds. I'm going on week number 2 staying at the same weight. I don't know why I'm stuck? Do I need to increase my calorie intake, am I not eating the right foods? I just don't know?!? Can anyone help me with this delay. Thanks.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Why on earth are you eating so little when you are marathon training??
  • ToNiBeE99
    ToNiBeE99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    IDK? Lol. So, I am suppose to being eating more? I'm such a newbie to this.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are better than others, but at the rate you are running along with your sparse intake, I'm guessing someone will find you passed out in a ditch soon because your engine is starved. You shouldn't be losing weight at that rate while you are training anyway. Your diary is private, but I can safely say "eat more."
  • ToNiBeE99
    Options
    I'm such a dork!! Lol. Ok, I need to eat more but how much more?
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm running that much, significantly smaller than you, and eating 1,800 - 2,400 cals a day. I don't log consistenly, but I think most days out of the last 3 weeks or so I have logged "most things" I ate.

Use MFP - what does it tell you to eat to lose 0.5 - 1 lb a week. Don't even try for more than that while half-marathon training, and THEN ALSO EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm running that much, significantly smaller than you, and eating 1,800 - 2,400 cals a day. I don't log consistenly, but I think most days out of the last 3 weeks or so I have logged "most things" I ate.

Use MFP - what does it tell you to eat to lose 0.5 - 1 lb a week. Don't even try for more than that while half-marathon training, and THEN ALSO EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES :-)
    Yup^^^

OP: I take a different approach and have mine set for 2300/day, with that number derived from maintaining weight along with 6 days of intense activity and I don't concern myself with eating back what i burn. You can do the same technique for what your goals are. One way is a day to day thing, the other is a weekly average thing. I prefer the daily predictability of fixed cals, but both will bring you to the same point.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You should be eating back all those calories you're burning! I'm surprised you haven't keeled over already, get some healthy carbs and fats in you. As you're long distance training stock up on rice, pasta, rye bread etc
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would think since you are training for a marathon you would want to increase your caloric intake otherwise your body thinks its in starvation mode and you will stop losing. Eat Girl Eat!
  • ToNiBeE99
    Options
    I love you all!! Thanks for the advice!! I shall eat more!! :)