Weird things you see at the gym

Options
124»

Replies

• gonnasee33
    gonnasee33 Posts: 163
    Options
    that guy with the serious case of bed head....

oh wait ..

thats just me walking by the mirror on the way to treadmill in the den
  • roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weights section

Men jogging through the "women's only" section, which is upstairs.

your gym has a kitchen??

lol
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Today a guy was doing pull ups on the squat rack but not just up/down. No he was swinging back and forth like Tarzan and it looked off.

Not so much weird, is the *kitten* bro I've seen a few times. He wears his Dr. Beats headphones and deadlifts however many pounds that I haven't bothered counting. He doesn't use clips and slams the weights down hard every rep (to the point where the plates move and space out) without using mats to soften the blow. He does this every time even when he has been told to use mats below the plates.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    I saw an old lady blow drying her hair in the locker room. Her. Pubic. Hair. :noway:

Never.EVER. using the hair dryer in the locker room again. OMG
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I saw an old lady blow drying her hair in the locker room. Her. Pubic. Hair. :noway:

Never.EVER. using the hair dryer in the locker room again. OMG

This happens a lot more often then you think.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty focused on my own thing, and gawd knows I look dorky enough from time to time that I probably don't have any room to criticize anyone else.

But this month there are a lot of high school boys in the gym. Very young scrawny boys -- 9th, maybe 10th grade. And they are doing all kinds of things that I wouldn't dream of asking my enemy to do. Yesterday two of them had loaded a bar with 35's and were 'curling' with it. Standing facing each other, helping the 'lifter' to 'curl'. That bar weighed as much as one of them did.

Sometimes I really want to offer advice, or a copy of Starting Strength. But I know how I would feel about that so I let them do their thing.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    If I did go to a gym I certainly wouldn't judge or laugh at people. At least they are there, right?

Yep. Quite frankly I get a little tired of seeing/hearing people make fun of people at the gym. I even see many people on Twitter posting pics of people for the purpose of making fun. Must be nice to be so perfect.
    I guess they knew what they were doing from day one? :laugh:
  • JeniNoel
    JeniNoel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Last time I was at the gym, I was on that same machine (not mumbling to myself), and some young kid was blatantly staring at my crotch. Horrified, I asked him if he had a problem...he was like "Um, ma'am, you have a hole in your pants, and I was trying to decide if I should say anything." (Yes, I was wearing underwear).

Needless to say that workout was cut short. LOL
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A woman who was standing in front of the sinks, totally naked, looking in the mirror, plucking the gray hairs out of her head. This wouldn't normally be weird if her nipples/areolas weren't twice as hairy.

ADDED UPDATE: Also an Asian woman using the complementary spray deodorant in her hair. Maybe she didn't understand English?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lady using the hand dryer in the locker room to dry her sweaty butt/pants. I held my breath the whole time.
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There's always one person who insists that they are using everything.

Bench? That's his.
    Lat Press? Those are his as well.
    Those dumbells that you need? His.

The last time he did this I just went up to the cables he was apparently using, at the same time as four other things, and just stared him right in the eyes as I very slowly changed the weight on it and got twisting.

The weird thing though? Guy always takes his shoes and socks off before he starts.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    This is weird and I'm really jealous.

But there is this guy at my gym who is extremely buff. Like elite level competition buff. And he eats cheeseburgers between his sets. He walks into the weight room with a bag of 3-4 Big Macs and just pounds them down while he works out.

Gotta get those calories in, bro.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    A woman who was standing in front of the sinks, totally naked, looking in the mirror, plucking the gray hairs out of her head. This wouldn't normally be weird if her nipples/areolas weren't twice as hairy.

ADDED UPDATE: Also an Asian woman using the complementary spray deodorant in her hair. Maybe she didn't understand English?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: