Any UK folks out there aiming to lose 100lbs+

Options
Hello, this is my second day on this site and it seems like a great tool. Are there any other UK folks out there in the same boat as me? I have lost 34lbs before joining here but still have a mere 138 to go!! I, like many, am trying to deal with an eating disorder and become healthy. I am type-2 diabetic and really want this to be controlled by diet.
Any support would be great...I am very supportive too
Let's help each other :D

Replies

• NDND2013
    Options
    I'm also currently in the UK. My goal is to lose 60 pounds. I'd love to be your weight loss buddy! This is only my third day as an active member, and I'm still trying to get my schedule on track. But I am determined to overhaul my lifestyle.
  • carofenice1
    Options
    Hello, that would be great. How is it all going?
  • PinkyLilac
    PinkyLilac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Helllooo and welcome!

I was 319 I'm now 288 and my goal 150 (138 to gooooo!!) Feel free to add meeeee xxx

Oooh realised after posted this that didn't put where I'm from duh!I'm in Essex xo

Ps:This app is fab be lost without it, use if daily and keep my diary open to friends so can't cheat!My friend Matt who work with went through my diary in great detail...Had 2 bad days 2 weeks ago I've not lived it down!Eeeekkkkk!! ????

Now I'll shut up lol ????
  • carofenice1
    Options
    Thanks and well done you :D The diary seems like such a good idea :D
  • PinkyLilac
    PinkyLilac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you!And MFP works!xxx
  • Mushiemallows
    Mushiemallows Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 80lbs and maybe more, and I'm also dealing with binge eating disorder and using MFP to control my meals! I'd love to be your buddy! :) Though I've only just started again!
  • karencymru
    karencymru Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Aiming to lose about 50lbs (first phase anyway!). Doing it slowly and determinedly this time - have lost before and put back on but never been as big as this.
    Love this app, and use runkeeper to track my walks - not a runner. Am also trying to cut my sugars/carbs as GP determined that I am soon to be diabetic and I want to avoid that.
    Looking forward to loosing with you all :-)
  • MissVamp13
    Options
    Hi :)
    I have 43lbs (or maybe a little over) to lose but once ive hit goal id have lost about 100 lbs in total. I lost about 4 stone before I discovered MFP. Im from south wales UK, feel freee to add me could always do with the motivation x
  • karencymru
    karencymru Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MissVamp13 - you've lost so much - well done!

(I'm in South Wales too btw)
  • HelensReady
    Options
    Hi Feel free to add me ...I'm from the UK Nottinghamshire, but live in the lovely Spain :)
    So only have an hour time difference.
    MFP is great I've used it for the past 4 years...however this is my third and last time...as I'm going to do it this time!!!
    I've lost 60lbs with MFP in 2010-2011, but manage to gain it all back :(
    I've lost 17lbs over the past 12 weeks, my first goal set is 70lbs which will leave me 70lbs more to lose

All the best on this journey, I don't have many MFP's but the ones I do have are amazing and fantastic at being positive and support me daily :) having a good group to make constructive and confidence building comments are the key to this app...the more you give the more you get back and you then start to realise your not on your own and you can do it because all your friends on here ARE doing it :)
  • carofenice1
    Options
    Thanks guys..off to add you :D