Anyone dealing with heartburn and do not take drugs for it?

Options
Just wondering if anything helps???? I just stopped taking the pills and don't want to go back on them. Any suggestions???

Replies

• Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Chamomile tea helps when I get heart burn.
  • echelonokie
    Options
    Pure apple cider vinegar, one with the mother in it. One tbsp daily and it'll vanish in no time.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating almost everything and very slowly worked them back in to find what was really bothering me I was able to find what I couldn't eat and what I could eat small amounts off I also have IBS this helped me ...or helps when I stuck with it unfortunently I have to take the meds due to other conjoining issues
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid or limit some foods that cause issue. (Orange juice, tomato, strawberries, fried foods, etc.) I also, stay away from eating too close to bedtime (about 2 hours or so). Hope that helps.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anything helps???? I just stopped taking the pills and don't want to go back on them. Any suggestions???

If you deal with chronic heartburn, what is your issue with taking a med until it's no longer a problem? My uncle felt like you, and died a horrible death at 51 from esophageal cancer. Were you not told chronic heartburn does that kind of damage?
  • DamoniqueW
    DamoniqueW Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar helps. You can take it by itself or get the pill form.