How to get rid of cellulite ??? HELP!!!!

Options
I have some cellulite on my butt and legs I really want to get rid of it. I've been working out 4 days a week for 3 weeks now. I do the treadmill for 50 mins then I do the stair master for 20 mins I finish with some squats i don't do a lot I do 50-60 . My question is .... Am I working out right ?? I feel that I'm working out a lot and nothing is happening .. When would I see results.. I'm really desperate to lose the cellulite .. I get depress sometimes when I see girls my age wearing short shorts.. I used to have nice legs I would wear shorts all the time :/ what can I do ?? Does anybody have the same problem?

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I have some cellulite on my butt and legs I really want to get rid of it. I've been working out 4 days a week for 3 weeks now. I do the treadmill for 50 mins then I do the stair master for 20 mins I finish with some squats i don't do a lot I do 50-60 . My question is .... Am I working out right ?? I feel that I'm working out a lot and nothing is happening .. When would I see results.. I'm really desperate to lose the cellulite .. I get depress sometimes when I see girls my age wearing short shorts.. I used to have nice legs I would wear shorts all the time :/ what can I do ?? Does anybody have the same problem?
    Are you overweight ? I found that losing weight reduced the appearance.
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    I have cellulite in the same area and the treadmill does nothing for it. The starmaster is better but you need to squats/lungs and other exercises that work more of the gluts, hamstring and quads. The treadmill doesn't force those muscle to work more, it actually makes it easier since the belt is moving automatically.
  • jessiefreedman
    jessiefreedman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Had the same problem, carry on with your cardio to lose body fat and 3 times a week include "synergistic muscle stimulation" exercises. Just google it or you tube.

This has helped me basically get rid of cellulite. Eat clean foods, cut down on sugar and caffeine. Drink loads of water.
    Vitamin b injections are also good for blood circulation and have been proven to assist with cellulite( providing you are following a program)

Good luck
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat, which will reduce the appearance of cellulite.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Lose weight and lift some weights to hold on to your lean body mass.
  • ajlandon
    ajlandon Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have cellulite, but I don't consider it a problem. It's how our bodies are structured -

http://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/

It's less noticeable now that I have less fat on my legs and I've been doing more (heavy) weight lifting, but I'm not about to attempt to get rid of it entirely.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    First, you cannot LOSE cellulite, it will always be there. You can, however, minimize the appearance of it. I've found my best results from running (outdoors) and squats. It has gotten to the point where I almost don't see it anymore, but it is still there.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and strength training will help reduce cellulite. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water (8 16oz glasses a day). If you are dehydrated the cellulite will appear more prominent.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is fat pushing through the connective tissue of your legs (or something?) , sooo if you lose more fat, the appearance of cellulite will be reduced. It helps to build muscle, as well.

I didn't really have cellulite until I went over a certain weight--- now that I've been exercising, I can tell I have less. Just keep at it :flowerforyou:
  • Elvira2014
    Elvira2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just joined the site. But seen a squat challenge starting sept 1. starts with 50 and they add 5 a day through the month with rest day every 4 days. Not sure if your interested but it would be a challenge and should show some results.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite at 5'4 102 pounds. I smartened up, picked up heavy weights, stopped doing so much cardio, and gained 10 pounds of mostly muscle. Cellulite problem gone...95% of it gone. I wear the smallest daisy duke shorts and mini skirts and it looks great.

Deadlifts, squats ( all different kinds), lunges, step ups, kettlebell swings, hamstring curls, bridges... all part of my routine.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have had cellulite since I was 11. The only way to shrink it is to lower your body fat percentage. To do that, I recommend HIIT, weighted squats and lunges, and a very clean calorie reduced diet. They are all equally important.

My cellulite has disappeared, but I got myself down around 20% BF and still losing
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    One more thing, I exfoliate with a dry brush twice a week, and also use a sugar scrub a couple of times a week also, it helps with overall smoothness and appearance too.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First off, 3 weeks isn't a lot of time to allow yourself to see results. Patience! Second.. some people just have cellulite.. I'm healthy, borderline underweight, and my fat is pretty evenly distributed but I still have cellulite on my butt/thighs. It sucks. Hoping squats and lunges will help.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have a bit on my upper legs too, but it has gotten A LOT better than it used to be. I'm doing lots of dead lifts, squats and lunges on my weight days and lots of running on my cardio days. Crossing my fingers :ohwell:
  • ElieQuinonez
    ElieQuinonez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Uuum I'm not fat.. I have a really flat tummy I'm just thick big hips legs and everything I guess that's why I weight 154 I don't know .. I eat pretty healthy .. I started working out 3 weeks ago it's probably to soon to tell .. Hopefully my cellulite goes away ..
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Uuum I'm not fat.. I have a really flat tummy I'm just thick big hips legs and everything I guess that's why I weight 154 I don't know .. I eat pretty healthy .. I started working out 3 weeks ago it's probably to soon to tell .. Hopefully my cellulite goes away ..

Girl no one is saying you're fat! They're saying to reduce body fat, & maybe the cellulite problem will solve itself. Reducing body fat isn't just about weighing less, looking skinny, being a certain size... & even skinny people have cellulite :smile:
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Girl no one is saying you're fat! They're saying to reduce body fat, & maybe the cellulite problem will solve itself. Reducing body fat isn't just about weighing less, looking skinny, being a certain size... & even skinny people have cellulite :smile:

This!

If you want to get rid of all your cellulite, look into lowering your BF% to 15 or less. I'm not there yet, but close. I have rock hard 6-pack abs...and cellulite in my butt!! It's just part of being a woman!
  • ElieQuinonez
    ElieQuinonez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How nice .. I will try doing more squats and lunges hopefully it helps.. Thanks so much .. Oh and i heard about the dry bush . I guess it helps.. Cool!!????
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have cellulite, but I don't consider it a problem. It's how our bodies are structured -

http://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/

It's less noticeable now that I have less fat on my legs and I've been doing more (heavy) weight lifting, but I'm not about to attempt to get rid of it entirely.

This. Go check out the link- the anatomy lesson is worth seeing, as well as some of the other posts on the blog link. Most women have cellulite, regardless of weight, age, fitness level, etc. Love what you have, and focus on getting strong and fit.

And just a note: One of the most inspiring moments of my life in terms of body image was seeing one of my sisters come out to the swimming pool in a bikini, unafraid, and with complete confidence in her womanly, voluptuous body. I was so envious of her unabashed ability to rock what she has.

The rest of us sisters hide our bodies in shame and all stand around in the pool embarrassed when we're playing pool volleyball and the ball gets hit out into the yard. None of us want to get out of the pool and run off to get it, because everyone would see our dimpled behinds. I'm working on that. Self-assurance and confidence goes a long way.

I definitely feel you; It's hard to unwind an entire lifetime of conditioning that tells us we should be ashamed of our (completely normal!) selves.