What to Eat

Options
Hi I'm just starting can anyone give me ideas on what food to eat and what to avoid please?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    eat food.

avoid too much food.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    eat food.

avoid too much food.

Yep :)

But to avoid pissing yourself off with water weight, watch your sodium and drink lots of water :)
  • trishrodg
    Options
    You have done really well, WELL DONE! Do you eat anything or do you eat only healthy foods?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    We eat what we want. We drink what we want. We do so in moderation. We keep it in our calorie limits. If we go over we are okay with that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You have to realize it's not a diet, it's your life. So you have to incorporate changes that will be sustainable for your lifetime. There are no bad foods. Nothing should be labeled off limits.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You have done really well, WELL DONE! Do you eat anything or do you eat only healthy foods?
    You're gonna get arguments from both sides on this. I just eat food. Not "diet" food. If that makes sense.

ETA: and thanks :)
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Eat foods you like, avoid foods you don't like.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you enjoy. Just make sure you log them in.

Try to get good protein numbers, good fat numbers, and good fiber numbers. These areas will help you stay full on a reduced number of calories. Whole (unprocessed) foods generally have better stats than processed ones.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want as long as it fits into my macros and daily calories. If it is a treat then I make room for it. Drink lots of water and get enough protein...move your body as much as you can :happy:
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, BUT count the calories accurately and stay within limits. If you do that, this site is mostly self regulating.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You're gonna get arguments from both sides on this. I just eat food. Not "diet" food. If that makes sense.

ETA: and thanks :)

Some people like to eat the foods they want in small portions.

I prefer eating lower calorie foods in the portions I want. Being able to eat practically anytime is more freeing to me then eating cheeseburgers.

It's your choice: reasonable portions of high calorie foods. Or high portions of low calorie foods.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation
  • mrslcaines
    Options
    There is no magic formula. Eat within your calorie range. I also prefer to stay eating mostly whole foods, as there is no added sugar, ect (and therefore calories) in a fresh tomato. But, I also make room for butter on my popcorn, as although popcorn is low in calories, it's dreadful plain.