The No Scale Challenge

Options
So, I'm addicted to weighing myself. I recently changed my diet and decided that I WILL NOT weigh myself for one month. My goodness I was going through withdraw, but I'm on week 2! For me looking at the scale has been a rollercoaster ride - way too many ups and downs. The scale just represents a number - if you feel good and look good then what the hay! Whose in it with me!!!!

Challenge starts on September 1, 2013

Note your current weight
Your exercise and eating game plan

*Rules*

NO SCALE CHECKS! NO CHEATING lol!

Ends on October 1, 2013 you will finally weigh in! YAY :-D

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    THATS AN AWESOME CHALLENGE TOO BAD I DONT HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO IT. LOL BUT BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SURE IN A MONTH THE SCALE WILL SURELY GIVE YOU AWESOME RESULTS.
  • brendalea74
    brendalea74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! As hard as it will be, I'm in!

I start a cardio boot camp September 10th for six weeks. This should be interesting!!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    THATS AN AWESOME CHALLENGE TOO BAD I DONT HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO IT. LOL BUT BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SURE IN A MONTH THE SCALE WILL SURELY GIVE YOU AWESOME RESULTS.

@qtgonewild

Commme on - the strength is deep within you!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    I'm in! As hard as it will be, I'm in!

I start a cardio boot camp September 10th for six weeks. This should be interesting!!

@brendalea74 - Yes, it will be! The first week was the hardest - I feel like I see scales everywhere
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I gotta do something to shake myself up. Going from daily to a month would keep me honest, I think. Worth a try. I'm in.
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    Count me in! lol

This makes me nervous.

I feel like I should change my eating plan. Are you still eating clean?
  • Itsmylifenow13
    Itsmylifenow13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds good count me in!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    I'll send you guys a reminder before we start :-D
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well i also just remembered that i am in the biggest loser thingy challenge on here and we weigh in once a week. so either way. i probably couldnt do it anyways. because im currently addicted to my scale. maybe in a few months.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I'm rearranging things in September, so I NEED to stay away from the scale lol
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    At of All the Challenges I've seen... This Looks to Be the Hardest for Me!

I'm in! Holy Cow, can I do it?!
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!! Ill weigh myself the 31st and take measurements and then hide the scale from myself. I am definitely becoming too addicting to weighing myself. It'll kick my butt back into working out again.
    Wow, I really hope I can do it!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Today is the day everyone. Weigh yourself one last time and kiss your scale good bye!

Current weight: 164
    Diet: Clean Eating
    Workout: 5 to 6 times a day, boxing, suspension training, ripped, personal training, Pilates and yoga.

Check in as often as you need to! I'll be around to over motivation ????
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Since I don't own a scale, this should be pretty easy.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I want to do this, I weigh myself every single day, sometimes twice a day, I drive myself crazy with it. I have already had breakfast this morning but I did record my weight and measurements yesterday (end of the month) so I will use that as my starting weight.

Current weight 177.4
    chest 38
    waist 30.5
    hips 41.5
    thighs 25

Although I do not believe these to be accurate figures I do use them as a basis for comparison, these are figures that my scale measures:

Bodyfat 24%
    Water 49.3%
    Muscle 34.7%
    Bone 4.2%

Now to give my husband the scale to hide from me. :bigsmile:
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In for this one, as I was already thinking about it for the last few days. I am super addicted to hopping on the scale EVERY morning after I wake up, and then several times per day. I should note that I have had a 3 day streak of not eating well (oops..) but, life goes on!

weight: 147.4 (:blushing:) (as noted above, this is after a 3 day 'binge' i was at 141 on wed/thurs)
    diet: staying under set calories(!) for at least a four week streak (set @ 2600(maintenance: 2691 according to scoobysworkshop.com))
    workout: currently following Stronglifts

I am currently 'maintaining' ,or trying to anyways. I do well for a bit, then I have some rough days, and so on. I raised my calorie level hoping I could keep my intake steady, and combine it with heavy lifting and see how I come out. I am not really *too* worried about losing pounds, just some inches pretty much. I want to combine this no scale challenge with the staying under my allotment goal, then evaluate myself. We shall see.

Good luck to all of us in this!
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    im doing the same i start aug.25th so i cant weigh in until sept.25th.i kinda cheated on friday but im not anymore until then.i hope this works for u and all of us.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I am in! I will not weigh myself until Oct 1st. I will have to take that pretty glass scale away from my bathroom because I will be tempted I know!!!
  • jam808
    Options
    I'm in. I will be doing HIIT for an hour a day, 6 days a week. I'll add in some heavy lifting a few days per week as well. For my diet I will focus on not exceeding my calorie goal, and I am doing IF 14/10 (14 hours fasting).
    I weigh 211.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    This should be a group! :wink:

Current weight: 162
    Diet: TDEE minus almost 15%.. focusing on protein
    Workout: Taekwondo 3 days a week, stronglifts 3 days a week, and every other week, I'll be taking an extra TKD class