Suggestions for Tattoo?

Options
sunnybear39
sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
I have been wanting to get a tattoo for a couple of years now, and am ready to dip my toe in the water with a small tattoo on my inner left wrist to reflect my weight loss journey thus far. I have lost 32 lb total, 8 of which have been while on MFP. I want to lose 39 more pounds to be at goal weight. When I am done I plan on a large back/right shoulder piece, but want to have a "talisman" of sorts now. Any suggestions? pics welcome as well!

Replies

• DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are trashy
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are trashy

<<---- Look at what happened to her arm. Don't do it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are trashy

truth.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Butterfly?
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Please consider the placement of your tattoo in relation to your career and level of professionalism. *says the girl who wears l/s shirts year round because 'tattoos are trashy'
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are trashy

truth.

Oscar.jpg
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Please consider the placement of your tattoo in relation to your career and level of professionalism. *says the girl who wears l/s shirts year round because 'tattoos are trashy'

Yup all of this. Says the other girl that does the same.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    butterfly, heart, MOM....your name, a memorial tattoo, tramp stamp...

if you want more recommendations I can find you the link I found...

I think it was called "common themed tattoos that tattoo artists are SO bored of doing because consumers don't try to be creative"
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    What do you like? Cause it will be with you forever, so make sure you like it rather than someone else's suggestion that you are okay with. My friend she got her back tattoo after spending three days in the Louvre, she took pictures of her 7 top paintings and had a local artist make her a collage from all the elements. Turned out pretty good but she paid a pretty penny for it.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    What about the orange human figure leaping in the air that appears to be MFP's icon? It is cute. Maybe the artist could add some boobs and hair to make it less androgynous?
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    "De plane! De plane!"
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    "De plane! De plane!"

I have a friend who has a tattoo of tattoo...For real.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If you are asking the internet, then you probably shouldn't get one. Wait until you are 100 percent sure that is what you want.

Tattoos are worse than marriage because you can't divorce them, only cover them up.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    An Amaryllis flower is usually associated with success.

I just got one of those myself! But, because it is the flower of Huntington's disease and I tested negative for it earlier this year. OP, I would say definitely do your research and make it something meaningful. Also, seconding considering the placement.
  • MissAubreyA
    Options
    If you're uncomfortable with frequent personal attention from strangers, stick with locations that people can't see. I end up having small talk about my tattoos every single day I leave the house. I still love them, but that gets old.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    For understated...Butterfly on right hip

For BA...Barbed Wire around left arm

To let other gender know you are available...Tribal Stamp lower back

For complete originality...Miley Cyrus dancing iwth teddy bears
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Mike Tyson may have a few good ideas for you
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos that I love and am proud of but, I agree with those who encourage you to rethink the placement of your tattoo. Mine are placed where I can display them or not depending on the appropriateness of the situation. Even with more and more ink out there you will be judged if you display a tattoo. Once in a while I will let mine shine just to get a reaction, very few people expect little old me to have tattoos.

Get something meaningful to you. If you are not sure what to get you are not ready to get a tattoo.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't have any really good suggestions for you other than making sure you really think about it before you get it!

I have 4 tattoos, and only one of them I did some real thinking of before I went and got it. I don't regret anything I have on my body, but the ones I sort of gone spur of the moment are also easily covered (back of neck, upper back and lower back). One on your wrist you will see every day forever, so make sure you will want to look at it and admire it!

Also, considering the location, I'm going to suggest you to get something small/dainty. I find small tattoos look much better in that location opposed to something larger and loud. You could even get just a phrase/word across your wrist, such as "Perseverance" or something like that if there isn't an image you can think of that you'll like. Also, do your research and find a good tattoo artist and talk with them about ideas, and they may be able to draw up something beautiful and unique for yourself!