Smot Pokers

Options

Replies

• retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good article. Personally, I partake fairly regularly and have no problems. Nothing is better than walking/jogging/running after smoking. I find that I am able to push myself further because I just thoroughly enjoy the pure relaxation that both smoking and exercising can provide. At this point, I plan to continue to do anything that makes my weight loss journey more enjoyable (keeping in mind your area's laws, obviously). Just my opinion though. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Pot is a gateway drug to sugar.

According to MFP, I'm pretty sure the drug addicion hierarchy goes Pot > Cocaine > Heroine > Crystal Meth > Sugar > Aspartame

ETA: Those are arrows for progression not greater than signs

:laugh:

ETA: I just realized that you left out pre-workout stimulants. :ohwell:
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later

And for what it's worth - I know plenty of people that train hard, eat clean AND poke smot.
  • auhala
    auhala Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • budderbun
    Options
    And for what it's worth - I know plenty of people that train hard, eat clean AND poke smot.

^
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Pot is a gateway drug to sugar.

According to MFP, I'm pretty sure the drug addicion hierarchy goes Pot > Cocaine > Heroine > Crystal Meth > Sugar > Aspartame

ETA: Those are arrows for progression not greater than signs

:laugh:
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pack.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    evil
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    evil

Yes, it's very evil of you to come into every thread on this topic and make a rude comment! :angry:
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Can we stop calling it smot and pot ? Herbalise is my preferred term :)
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good article. Personally, I partake fairly regularly and have no problems. Nothing is better than walking/jogging/running after smoking. I find that I am able to push myself further because I just thoroughly enjoy the pure relaxation that both smoking and exercising can provide. At this point, I plan to continue to do anything that makes my weight loss journey more enjoyable (keeping in mind your area's laws, obviously). Just my opinion though. :)

THIS. Also, if I'm not exercising, I'm doing terribly mundane hosework. Nothing makes doing the dishes easier!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i love partaking and then walking on my treadmill. i get to watch dr who all happy, and my heart rate is up. win win :)

oh and 420 for life!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use medical marijuana for chronic migraines. I don't get the "munchies" much at all anymore. I feel like that's sort of a phase of new smokers but maybe that's just me. I often do smoke and then go for a run or workout. It depends on the type of strain you use. If you use an Indica you are more prone to be tired and sleepy. I like Indicas for when I can't sleep at night. Sativas are more for daytime use and give you lots of energy. I've had some of my best workouts (lifting, running, hiking, you name it) while using marijuana.

Before you all go crazy on me and label me a "dirty pot smoking hippie" let me explain that I have a valid prescription from my neurologist for medical marijuana. I live in WA state where it is legal to smoke for medical use. I have tried pretty much every medication with horrible side effects and marijuana is the only thing that has worked for me. I have a stable job and I go to work every day. I own a home and am a productive member of society. It is my hope that medical marijuana becomes more mainstream. The benefits of it are amazing.

Thanks for the article. :)
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Very Informative Read. :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I haven't poked smot since the 80's but am thinking of giving it a try again in March when the pot stores are open to everyone (I'm in WA state and places like The Healing Leaf are starting to appear). Right now it's legal to possess but you still need a prescription to buy it from the dispensaries. And I think I'll hit the food section for infused products rather than actually smoke it. I'm hoping to get more restful sleep and have read there are certain strains that help with that.

Just keep in mind it can sometimes take HOURS for the effects to take place from eating it vs. poking it. I found that out the hard way... 2 brownies, "I don't feel anything." 4 more brownies and 6 hours later, "OMG why is everything MOVING like that?!"
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use medical marijuana for chronic migraines. I don't get the "munchies" much at all anymore. I feel like that's sort of a phase of new smokers but maybe that's just me. I often do smoke and then go for a run or workout. It depends on the type of strain you use. If you use an Indica you are more prone to be tired and sleepy. I like Indicas for when I can't sleep at night. Sativas are more for daytime use and give you lots of energy. I've had some of my best workouts (lifting, running, hiking, you name it) while using marijuana.

Before you all go crazy on me and label me a "dirty pot smoking hippie" let me explain that I have a valid prescription from my neurologist for medical marijuana. I live in WA state where it is legal to smoke for medical use. I have tried pretty much every medication with horrible side effects and marijuana is the only thing that has worked for me. I have a stable job and I go to work every day. I own a home and am a productive member of society. It is my hope that medical marijuana becomes more mainstream. The benefits of it are amazing.

Thanks for the article. :)

Actually--just the opposite--Indica is the one that makes you more energetic and sativa is the sleepier strain.Maybe its hybrid strains that I am more familiar with and my earlier statement may be incorrect.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great read, really loved it. Wish there was more scientific info out there for those of us that like to poke.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m89ekkvEgO1qf9jd4o5_250.gif

Your freaking thread title is driving me nuts!!! every time i read it i have to reread it 50 times and say it my head again 50 times

kasjfowifkajnvaiuhfweorcewrpoweriopj

tumblr_lrlurqCotd1qdeyqk.gif
This discussion has been closed.