Suggestions for Tattoo?

Options
2»

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    butterfly, heart, MOM....your name, a memorial tattoo, tramp stamp...

if you want more recommendations I can find you the link I found...

I think it was called "common themed tattoos that tattoo artists are SO bored of doing because consumers don't try to be creative"

Sarcasm aside, Alex is right. I have known many tattoo artists over the years and they hate doing what is called 'flash' artwork (its the drawings you see in all tattoo shops hanging from the walls). If you want a quality tattoo come up with something yourself. Even if you can't draw all you have to do is get a close approximation of what you want and the artist can do the rest for you. Google image search is awesome for this. Chances are the artist is going to redraw anything other than flash anyways in order to get it to transfer to outline paper. Also, just to be completely blunt, tattoo artists hate doing 'spring break' tattoos.

I also second with others who are advising against the wrist placement. I have known many people, male and female, over the years who have to wear long clothing or bandaids to cover up tattoos. Some companies are coming around to the idea of employees having tats but many of the more professional companies are strongly opposed. Your shoulder idea is the best as its fairly easy to cover up with normal clothes. All my tattoos can be covered up with pants and short sleeved shirts.

Whatever you come up with hang it above where you work for a couple weeks, maybe months. I got this idea from my wife on her last tattoo. If you can stand the sight of it, or are still 'into it' after a while then you have a candidate.

As for ideas I have a couple floating around in my head. Well, themes really. I haven't figured out how to translate them into an image yet. You are welcome to use these as inspiration.

CIV: Roman numerals for 255, my heaviest weight. Constant reminder to not let myself go.
    255 in some kind of geeky reference (255 is maximum value for a unsigned 8 bit byte). I like this idea but am can't envision it in a tangible way yet.
    I am also toying with the idea of having 3.11, 6.23, 13.1, and 26.2 tattooed on my leg each time I complete a race.
  • sunnybear39
    sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! the other place I was thinking was front of right shoulder. @ze_hombre I like your races idea very cool as well.
    Things I'm into- flowers, gardening, love the flying butterflies tats (the larger ones getting smaller as they go up).

Still so undecided and also finding an artist- thinking about going to Chicago to get one as Madison WI doesn't seem to have artists whose portfolios I have really clicked with...