Looking for runners and triathletes

Options
I am trying to expand my friends group to include more runners and triathletes, as that is what I love doing. Whether you are Western Suburb of Philadelphia area or anywhere in the world, I am looking for fun and supportive people. Post below so I can add you or send me a request.

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    /bumping for more
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Western burbs of Chicago...friend request sent!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I just did my first Sprint Triathlon and loved it - I sucked, but I really enjoyed doing it
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    West-central IL here :)

This is my third season of running (Running my 34th road race on Labor day...mostly 5ks, some 10ks and odd distances) and I am currently training for my first half marathon in September, and second in October.

I also competed in my first sprint triathlon earlier this month! It was a tiny local race geared toward beginners and I ended up placing second in my AG! Very exciting!

Next season I plan to run a full marathon and step up to an Olympic distance race; two year goal is a half IM.
  • lisasudduth
    lisasudduth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've completed 2 sprint tri's a handful of 1/2 marathons and 2 fulls. I'm do this all at a snails pace but I'm ok with that. I do have a hard time trying to loose weight when I'm training though because I'm hungry and crave the bad foods. I'm really trying to watch the protein and make sure that I'm getting enough calories for fuel but not too many...and that it's the right kind of foods.

My next race is in 6 weeks and I'm freaking out because I've not trained like I usually do AND I just moved to the Atlanta area from CA and the humidity and hills are killing me! The race has a 3.5 hour cutoff which is exactly my half pace. I just have to keep moving and I should be ok.
  • z0mbi3lady
    z0mbi3lady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon, it's October 20. I'll add you!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Adding you! Love running and have several distance races coming up this Fall.
  • sgdenton
    sgdenton Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started getting into running this year. So far I've only done 5 & 10k races, but want to keep pushing myself to do a 1/2 marathon in the spring! :smile: