I need help

Options
Im a 18 male and Im wondering what are good tips you guys can tell me to keep me focused. I need to loose 100 pounds but every diet I did before, I loose focus and start binge eating. Im SOOO tired of doing the same diet that I end up breaking. Can some of you guys please tell me some tips!!

add me as a friend if you want!

Replies

• Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Diets dont work i hate to tell you that because you already know that you have to make it a lifestyle change you have to hold yourself accountable for what you eat and what you do to burn it off. I am more than will to encourage you and to aid you in anyway i can.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but I would say this..... if you want something: pizza, chocolate, etc. Eat it. But only eat one portion. If you know you are going out with your friends, plan that into your daily intake first thing in the morning. I have found this works for me. Like you, when I am completely restricted, I fall off the wagon. This time, I allow myself some of these foods in moderation and I'm both happy and successful so far.

Good luck!
  • espehoecity
    Options
    wow thanks! I know I have to realize that its a lifestyle change and those temptations are going to be there if I like it or not!
  • mykaar74
    Options
    have to agree with the panel, losing weight, and being healthy is lifestyle change, so dieting is only a temporary solution for a lifetime change. If you want something eat it but pay attention to the portion size, read the nutrition facts. for right now your goal should be to try eating withing your calorie zone which MFP, or a licensed dietician has allotted for you. Then try adding atleast 30 minutes of physical activity into your day. Being apart of MFP will make you accountable to yourself, and you will feel a desire to want to do right because of all the positivity that the people on here emit. You have already started the most important part and that's getting started, recognizing, and reaching out for assistance the right way. I wish you well on your journey & if I can be of any support just let me know. :-)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give you is to shift your thinking from a diet to making a lifestyle change. I know this seems like a wording thing, but it really isn't. "Diets" don't really work because you will lose the weight and then gain it back (and a little extra usually). You are working towards changing the way that you eat, approach food and exercise. You can do it! Begin making those small incremental changes that can move you from your present lifestyle into the one you hope for. Walk around the block a couple of times, eat a smaller portion of your favorite foods, make a substution with a healthier alternative, whatever it is, just begin. Don't be afraid to make mistakes along the way, we all do!!

Friend me if you like, I'm more than willing to cheer you on from the sidelines.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My tip is to stop looking at your end goal in its entirety. Take it 10 pounds at a time! I joined Dr. Oz's "Just 10 Pounds" Challenge two weeks ago (You can visit his website and join it with me!). The reason being is because thinking about needing to lose 100+ pounds was depressing to me and I couldn't get motivated. When I stopped looking at the big picture and focused on a goal I can achieve within a month, well it got a little easier for me. Once I reach my 10 lb goal I plan to just start all over again! And focus on the NEXT 10 pounds!

Something else I do is tell myself each and every morning as I'm ready to start my day that I have the power to control my choices! Yesterday I didn't think and ate all the wrong things for breakfast. When I finally logged it on MFP I learned I had already used half my daily calories! I was so discouraged! The old me would have just given up and had a cheat day. But I remembered that I have power over my choices. So I walked 3 miles (I'd not planned on walking yesterday) and burned over 400 calories. Then I sat down and planned out the rest of my day picking things to eat that were low cal so that I'd stay in my calorie range. At the end of the day I felt so empowered!

So my suggestions are:
    *Make smaller goals
    *Each morning remind yourself that you have power over your choices
    *Don't get discouraged if you make an inappropriate choice, just plan the rest of your day around it!
    *And PLAN PLAN PLAN!! If you know you're going out to dinner, plan for it beforehand!

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)