Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Challenge - Phase 1 (8/1-10/31)

Options

Replies

• 0Caligirl0
    0Caligirl0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So glad to see you all joining me on this journey!!!

So, today is our first "weigh-in Monday" together, how did you do over the weekend?

I got a lot of exercise, but my eating was off yesterday, and as a result I'm actually up 2 pounds (probably from sodium for eating out yesterday).

I thought it might be good to include some of the following info on our weekly weigh ins:

Here are my stats:
    HW: 271
    CW: 255
    GW Phase 1: 225
    PTG by 10/31: 30lbs

Key-
    HW: Highest weight
    CW: Current weight
    GW: Goal weight
    PTG: Pounds to go
  • fitsmh
    fitsmh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me so to start this off on a weekend was not good. I did get some walking in this weekend but it doesn't happen every weekend because I don't have a lot of spare time due to my kids. I am a foster/adoptive parent and I have 6 kids right now as a single mom. Not trying to come up with excuses just saying, I just signed up for this on the end of last week and I haven't figured out how to get all I want out of my weekend yet. :) So... here's my first Monday 'weigh in' results:

HW: 229
    CW: 228
    GW: 150
    PTG by 10/31: 26
  • notgivingupyet
    Options
    I maintained my weight since the last time I weighed in, which was a couple days ago.
    I had cake and ice cream yesterday, Carl's Jr and Dairy Queen the day before. I walked around a lot that day.

Anyway, I'm surprised that I maintained my weight.
    (I'm still at 320.)

I haven't actually exercised. I definitely should get on it if I want to lose the weight for this phase.

HW: 323
    CW: 320
    GW: 220
    PTG by 10/31: 30
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good all of last week two and did pretty decent over the weekend.

SW for P1: 213
    CW: 209
    Goal for this phase: 193
  • jenna311
    jenna311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will start this on 9/1!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea. So I decided to do this, too. My 4 phases will be 25 pounds each for a total of 100 lbs. I'm going to reset my ticker after meeting each phase goal. Anybody doing this challenge in this thread can feel free to add me as a friend for support. I want to get this done once and for all.
  • 0Caligirl0
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just checking in mid-week to keep the thread moving, I love that we're growing as a group!!! I've decided to do as others are and change my ticker to show my phase goals rather than my total journey goals... Much more encouraging since I want to lose 20-25lbs each phase for a total of 80-100 in a year!

So I'm going to do this now. Keep on trudging people, we got this!!!

BTW I almost forgot - DID YOU SEE CASSANDRA'S SUCCESS on the show last night?! So inspiring> I just love Chris and this show and the way he talks to people. I totally identified with her having to FORGIVE herself for allowing her weight to get out of control. I mean, I had tears rolling down my face because I totally carry so much SHAME over my obesity, and let it get me down so often. Then I stuff those feelings down with unhealthy food.

This show is changing lives, and shows me that with perseverance we can do it on our own. We just have to change our perspective about what we CAN DO versus what we haven't done in the past.

Hugs all!!! XOXO
    :happy:
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would love to start this as well. As Sept 1st is a Sunday, I will elect to start this on Monday Sept 2nd. I will actually be out of town that week so won't be posting anything until I get back.

Here are my stats:

Phase 1:
    CW: 237
    GW Phase 1: 212.75
    PTG by 11/01: 24.25lbs

GW: 145 pounds

Love this idea 0Caligirl0!!!!!
  • 0Caligirl0
    Options
    Yay!!!!!
  • 0Caligirl0
    Options
    Weigh in day is Mondays!

The only requirement for this group is to post at least 3 times a week to encourage others and keep yourself accountable, and to weigh in once a week. You can lose the weight any way you choose.

Let's get losing everyone!!!
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We can absolutely persevere and achieve similar results. The show makes it look like you have to work out 4-5 hours a day, have state of the art equipment, and have a top notch team of medical doctors, trainers, and dieticians at your beckon. Divide their weight loss by 52 weeks and you'll see they're just over 3 lbs a week. That's doable... They're leveraging that first phase against the inflated BMR of someone that's morbidly obese. This front loads the total weight lost, and glosses over the last phase with a helpful knife that shears off another 15-20 pounds. We don't need to fit our transformations into 2 hours of T.V so if we keep at it and don't lose track, we'll be there next year.
  • notgivingupyet
    Options
    I went to the pool today for two hours. I didn't do vigorous swimming, just a leisurely pace. I feel amazing and I got a little bit of a tan!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Phase 1 (8/1/13-10/31/13): 297-->272 -25 lbs

Phase 2 (11/1/13-1/31/14): 272-->247 -25 lbs

Phase 3 (2/1/14-4/30/14): 247--> 222 -25 lbs

Phase 4 (5/1/14-8/1/14): 222-->197 -25 lbs

**After phase 4 I will reset and do it again. I will have about 50-70 lbs to go after that.
  • michellenichole83
    michellenichole83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ooh, ooh! I love this idea! I told my boyfriend that Chris is my one "freebie", if the opportunity ever arose :-)

I'm about half way to goal, so my loss is slowing, but I'd love to join! I'm retro-ing my numbers for august 1 starting weight.

Hw: 258
    Sw: 199
    Cw: 192
    Gw: 140

Phase 1 (8/1/13-10/31/13): 199-->175 -24 lbs

Phase 2 (11/1/13-1/31/14): 175-->160 -15 lbs

Phase 3 (2/1/14-4/30/14): 160--> 150 -10 lbs

Phase 4 (5/1/14-8/1/14): 150-->140 -10 lbs
  • nglant
    nglant Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP this past January. It is definitely doable!! I have about 25 more to go until my goal, and about 9 more until 100lbs gone! Every day is a decision. Every workout is a decision. I really think weight loss is 90% mental. You can do it, for sure!!
  • 0Caligirl0
    Options
    Love all the posts and encouragement!
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Fab Thread! So In!
    I'm just getting started, still working my way around this site. I joined a while ago but never used. I too am looking to lose,
    about 1.5lbs - 2.0lbs a week.

We can do this!!!! Oh yeah!!!

Positive Energy too all ~ ZING!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Edit: Aaaannnnnnd it's gone!
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    LOL~~~ HAD TO FIX THAT 2000 Weight loss! LOL~~~~Ha!
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. If anyone hasn't added me yet, please do. Also, fantastic episode last night! :)