one year later, 20lbs lighter

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
Ok so to make this story short, I have been on and off MFP for the past year. I wish I could say I have made more progress but I am happy with my current weight and if I can reach my ultimate goal of dropping 10lbs more, I will be very happy. I was thin as a kid and all up to high school but when college hit, I moved away from home, hit the books hard for a degree in engineering and I gained the freshman 15 and then some. Last year I finally graduated and started working full time and have been able to dedicate more time to myself. I have made a lot of changes in my diet and become more active but I could never get used to a strict schedule or diet. I still dont feel confident in a lot of things like shorts and bikinis as I would love to some day but now I am more confident and can atleast wear a dress and feel pretty good about what I see in the mirror. I took this picture today because its a new dress and it may be plain but I love the way it fits and how I look in it. I started in a size 14 I'm now a size 10 (for the most part). I've had to store all my big clothes and break out all the old "skinny clothes" I was one day hoping to wear again. :smile:

Thanks to all my MFP friends and to everyone else who has shared their story and has helped motivate me to keep going.

DSC00752.jpg?t=1285558288

this is me Today :)

size8.jpg?t=1285558555

Replies

• jmkelly808
    Options
    Omg you look great! Keep up the progress I wish u the best of luck =)
  • cmadden89
    Options
    Still look great! Keep it up!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    nice!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    you look great! i l love the dress, its so cute:)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Who is that pretty little lady in the 2nd picture? Whoo-wee, momma! You got it goin on. Good job!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You look fab xxx
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    You look great!! What an awesome job!
  • nolachick
    Options
    thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

i wish i had more before and after pics. my clothes is what really shows how much weight/inches i've lost. yesterday i completely threw out 4 dress pants i used for work becuz they were all so big they kept slipping off. my arms look better so i'm more comfortable in tops and stomach looks way better. ahh now i'm really motivated to get the last 10 off!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    :drinker: NOLA!!!! You look amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!! :drinker:

You are such a beautiful girl, in both of your pics!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    :drinker: NOLA!!!! You look amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!! :drinker:

You are such a beautiful girl, in both of your pics!!!

thank you so much cris! glad to see u are still on here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!