Challenge: Drop 40 by the New Year..who is with me?

Options

Replies

• Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I want to try too , I have been slacking the past month and I need to get right .

I have been making excuses for the slack , by lowering the weight loss goal for the end of the year. So I need to get back to the original goal of 60 before new year and I have 40 to lose before the end of the year.
  • mshellc1
    Options
    I'm IN!! We can do this!! :happy:
  • PDubbya
    PDubbya Posts: 15
    Options
    I would love to join! Please count me in.
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    IM IN!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late I'd like to join this group!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    There are roughly 18 weeks remaining in the year, and a loss of 40 pounds in that time frame would require a loss rate of over 2 pounds per week, which is rather ambitious for most people. Meanwhile, there is Halloween, Thanskgiving, the winter holidays, and New Year's Eve standing between here and January 1.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but I think that it does not help most people to have overly ambitious goals and then fail to meet them. S.M.A.R.T. goals should be attainable and realistic.

My apologies if someone else has already pointed this out.

Wow, finally a voice of reason. I think it is totally unfair to our body and health to give a specific date that we must weigh x amount. Even more disturbing is there are a number of people here who only have 40 pounds to lose total. There is no healthy way to lose 40 pounds in 4 months unless one is extremely obese to start. I now have only 24-30 pounds left to lose and I "only" lose 2 to 5 pounds per month (5 being unusual). I have a very strict eating plan as well. No cheat days, very limited sugar, always homecooked food. It took me 14 months to lose 66 pounds (and no, I am not doing anything "wrong" based on the huge health improvements that have occurred). I didn't struggle at all but I'm sure glad that I gave up on setting deadlines. My only goal these days is to get as healthy as possible and the excess weight will take care of itself over TIME. And unless I want to get sick and fat again, there is no date that I will stop my current lifestyle.
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That would give me a total loss of 60 lbs for the year - a great start for 2014! I'm going to join and do my absolute best...can't wait to show my progress pics!
  • PudgyQ
    PudgyQ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Is a group been started for this yet?
    Definitely on board-need the motivation!!
  • DaniG99
    DaniG99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me, me me - I'm in!
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes Please!!!
    I'm looking for 30 before Christmas so this is a great goal 40 before the new year!!!. Let's do it!

Whats the rules and how does it work?
  • daniellemillen92
    Options
    I am in! I need this!
  • Preston1995
    Options
    Im with you guys!
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    ive got only 17 pounds left to go, but id like it all done by New years, so im IN! sort of anyways
  • jenlyn1101
    jenlyn1101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can you please add me to the group? Thanks!!
  • trix7
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • Ladysummers
    Ladysummers Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Can you please add me to your group and on your friends,I am not a new comer to MFP last year I lost over 46lbs but sadly due to illness and relocation I gained it back again,I am looking for motivated friends :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ha this is funny!! At first i thought, no way, but then 40 pounds is 10 pounds a month. We have 4 months to go before new year!

I think i can do it!
  • louannsab
    louannsab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm joining you guys!!! I'll be adding everyone. Let's update each other.
  • wildjyoung
    wildjyoung Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would love to join this group!

I am new to actually using MyFitnessPal, so please bear with me as I learn. I would like to help motivate others and have others support me as well. If anyone is looking for a friend to help work towards a common goal than feel free to add me.

Here comes a 40 l loss for all of us by January 1!