Hello Everyone

Options
My name is Alicia, and my goal is to lose 30 pounds. I began to have a weight problem 10 years ago after I divorced. I now weigh more than I did the days I gave birth to my three children. I think taking care of myself took a backseat to taking care of my children. My youngest will graduate in May, and I have decided to prepare for the rest of my life! :smile:

Replies

• mykaar74
    Options
    welcome Alicia, you have come to the right place. the community is so welcoming, motivating, and inspiring. You will definitely feel the sincerity from ppl's words when they are congratulating you, or expressing their opinions. There are so many little challenges that you can get in that are motivators, and if you have a question just post it someone will be sure to answer it. Goodluck on your journey of self rediscovery, and great health. Feel free to add me as a friend for support
  • racketgirl
    Options
    Thank you for the support. And congratulations on your weight loss!
  • strieb
    Options
    Good for you for starting your journey here! I am new to this as well - you are not alone!! I am looking to trim up my eating tactics, as I have trouble with sugar intake and constant nibbling (I work night shift - makes my cravings so much worse!!) Feel free to add me as a friend for support - I am an exercise fiend and just got my personal trainer certification - I will help you in any way I can!
  • Damage483
    Options
    Hi Alicia. Welcome to the site and it's good to have another member of the family. Best wishes to you on your journey. :)
  • racketgirl
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - you will find so much support here - good luck xxx
  • racketgirl
    Options
    Personal trainer certification...that is awesome. I plan on losing weight by playing racketball. I used to love lifting weights and working out, not it doesn't interest me at all. But I love racquetball...so I posted for a partner on CL. Now I have more than 40 people that want to play. I plan on playing at least 3 times a week and walking at least two. Do you think a goal of 1000 calories a day is realistic? I just changed from 1200 to 1000. I am determined to lose the 30 pounds!
  • oh10girl
    Options
    Welcome Alicia!!!