stir fry recipe

Options
ABrooks0205
ABrooks0205 Posts: 6 Member
I am looking for a good stir fry recipes that uses shrimp, chicken and steak. I've tried my own concoctions in the past, but was hoping for something tried and true!

Replies

• lose50tobehappy
    lose50tobehappy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    http://www.seventeen.com/college/freshman/recipes-for-college-students#slide-6
    and if you can you can add the shrimp to it or meat and it will cook with the stir fry.
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    its a little odd, but if you think your stir fry is a little boring. add a little color. make sure your not just using green veggies. and for a little bit of sweetness. add Pineapple. it makes a big difference.

Good luck.
  • corinnelapolt
    Options
    Stir fry is a staple in my house. I frequently make this on a Sunday and eat it for dinner Mon through Fri; adding a different protein each night.

Steam 6 servings of brown rice. I pop in an organic vegetable bullion to give it some flavor.

Half moon on large yellow onion. Sauté that in 1-2 tbsp of EVOO for about 5 minutes.
    Add 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic. Sauté for several minutes.
    Add about 2 inches of freshly chopped ginger. Sauté for several minutes.
    Add 4-5 large carrots; julienned.
    Add one large head of broccoli; cut into large bite sized pieces.
    Add a package of sliced Portobello mushrooms.
    Squirt mixture with Braggs Liquid Amino (soy sauce substitute found in the health food section).
    Add a couple of drops of toasted sesame oil, for taste.
    Add a package of fresh sugar snap peas.
    Add 1 large red pepper, julienned.
    Add whatever other veggie you want.
    Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Take out 5 plastic containers and one dish for tonight.
    Divvy up the rice.
    Divvy up the veggie mixture.
    Cook up whatever protein you want!

Walla!
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually use coconut oil, frozen stir fry veggies and dash of cayenne pepper . Very simple and tasty!