Ackward Jeans

Options
Okay, so after losing 20 lbs (and still working on losing the last 25), I have finally been able to wear normal jeans. I was wearing pregnancy pants for the first few months post partum. I realize you cant spot reduce fat and that it will come off wherever it is predisposed to but WTH. I have jeans that are too big (saggy bottom syndrome and the likes), then I have the new one of jeans that fit fine around my waist but hug my thighs like no one's business. Does this imply that I probably wont fit comfortably in a pair of the right size jeans until I'm nearly to target weight? Lol. It's a tad frustrating, even though I still enjoy my stretchy pants <3

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue but I am not post partum so I went to Old Navy and bought jeans (cheap ones) that are designed for my shape (I gots some junk in my trunk) and since Old navy is about 2hours away I use a belt and buy jeans that fit well in the touche area.

Love belts
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue but I am not post partum so I went to Old Navy and bought jeans (cheap ones) that are designed for my shape (I gots some junk in my trunk) and since Old navy is about 2hours away I use a belt and buy jeans that fit well in the touche area.

Love belts

Belts may be my new best friend :D I didn't even think of that, thank you!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    or when your old pants get loose from losing weight an awesome belt can do wonders!
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Buy jeans that fit the biggest part of you perfectly, then have a tailor take them in. My thighs are huge and darts in the waist run me about $10 and give me perfectly fitting jeans.
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Love belts

I second this! Old Navy is the only place I can find jeans that fit me! I always have issues finding jeans that fit my butt & thighs that aren't too loose in the waist. Also thrift store are amazing, they have cheap jeans (you're only gonna fit in them for a little while if you keep with your plan) and they are already broken in.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Also try different brands and styles - some are cut better than others! My butt needs room, and I found some here in Australia called "enhance the curves" that are terrific. Just found this link - not that I have a "small waist" - but these jeans are great. I got some Aust size 14 (US size 10), but they are a bit baggy now - need to go buy some more!!

http://www.jeanswest.com.au/backpocket-daily/specialty-denim/curve-embracer-jeans

Well done on your weight loss so far! Buying from charity shops whilst you are still losing is also a good idea, and then when you get to goal get yourself some nice new ones that really fit :wink:
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you need to look at a brand of jeans that comes in different cuts. i like the ones from old navy. the sweetheart fit me perfectly where other jeans the same size i cant get over my thighs. they have several different cuts of jeans, you may be able to find the cut that works with your body :)
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Buy jeans that fit the biggest part of you perfectly, then have a tailor take them in. My thighs are huge and darts in the waist run me about $10 and give me perfectly fitting jeans.

I think darts work better than belts too.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a bigger butt and thigh area so I always have to buy a bit bigger and then wear a belt. took me like 4 years to finally figure it out lol
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    Old Navy really is great because they pretty much have a style of pant to fit anyone. You just got to try on a couple pairs to find the right ones. I usually wear the Sweetheart. The Flirt is just... the most unflattering pair of pants I have ever put on, but it looks great on my friend.
    Anyway, you should check them out!