It's Not a "Goal", it's a Lifestyle Change

Options
I'm a 20 year old Member Engagement Advisor at Life Time Fitness in Centreville, VA. I went to school at West Virginia University and also work on the Toughman Contest Staff for West Virginia Sports Promotions, Inc.

Every day, every month, and every year, I see people do "the impossible" and change their lives for the better. For years, I was a 5+ days a week kind of guy when it came to working out. When I went to school, I kept the mentality, but never got the job done quite the same. I studied, I ate fast food, I drank & partied... and I let my healthy lifestyle slip right through my fingers.

I have realized... it's time to change things back.

It is my passion to get people involved in living a healthy way of life, but the time has come that I need to fall back into doing the same for myself.

I was a runner and I cycled for cross-training. That starts again tomorrow.

I need to get into more strength training and would like to pick-up swimming as well.

I hit where I wanted, and let it drift away... it's time to get back to feeling, looking, and living healthier.

I want to live a Long, Healthy Life, and help inspire others to do the same.

Replies

• Birdnicaj
    Options
    Why wait till tomorrow, start today!!!! Wish you the best in the pursuit of your passions!
  • cshaffer213
    Options
    You are very right, its not a "goal" or a "diet" its exactly that, a lifestyle change. And its one that everyone here wants to achieve. And we are all here to help you achieve yours!! Best of luck!!! :)
  • bwgrilli
    bwgrilli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! Loving the positive energy on this site!!!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    We all have a similar goal of feeling and looking healthier, that's how we are all able to support each other. Good luck!! :]
  • hybris
    hybris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you: it's a lifestyle change.
    Enjoy this page! It's fun and there are lots of nice people!
    Cheers from Down Under!
    Miri
  • ashiteru
    Options
    wishing you all the success you can handle!:smile:
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Glad a few people agree with me about this, then.
    I keep hearing things from people, like ; "It's just a diet. In a few weeks or months, you'll be eating the same again and slacking on the excercise" or "Well, diets don't work, you set goals and never complete them."

My response is; "My goal is to feel better. If I never reach my ideal weight, fine, but I hate fast food, and I hate laying in my room for 8 hours filled with nothing to do saying 'i should get up and go excercise.' Why should I continue doing or eating things I hate? This isn't a diet, or me working towards a weight goal. This is my CHANGING MY LIFESTYLE."
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    You are a very wise young man, I'm 46 and it took me until now to figure this out, I'm working on it and it is paying off, but I've still got a long way to go (another 80 pounds). If I'd figured this out 10 years ago, I'd be in a lot better position, but at least I did figure this out :bigsmile:

Keep at it, it is a lifestyle, you will have good days and bad days, that is part of it, I just hope that the good days out number the bad significantly:happy:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I couldn't agree more - people keep asking me my goal weight. Okay so I have a weight I know I would like to be near to be healthy but my goal is just that - to get fit and healthy and incorporate exercise into my daily routine for good! xxx