COKE ZERO - Did you lose weight quicker when not drinking?

Options
Hey

I have been losing weight, but for the past few weeks I have been going up and down between 63kg and 65kg. I really want to get under 63kg. I love coke zero as it is what has been keeping me sain becuase i am not eating all the foods i use to eat, and this is like my luxury item. I drink 1 500ml bottle for lunch and 1 for dinner, basically 1 litre, infact some days even a lot more. I love it really cold But I am willing to give it up. What is your experience with it? Is it ok to have one once a day? did you lose weight faster when you stopped. what can you tell me? thanks myfitness pals!

Replies

• spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Eek. That's a lot of fizzy. I'd be more concerned about the state of the enamel on your teeth!!

I love coke zero too - I go through phases where I might have one can every other day, but even then, it isn't really comparable. Do you not like water?
  • jwrenn1
    jwrenn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes its fine as it has no calories in it so it wont effect weight loss i.e thermodynamics
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My brother lost I think 20lbs in 2.5 months by switching from regular sodas to Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper Ten. He was drinking five or six sodas a day, and still does but doesn't get the calories. Unfortunately it took him a while to get over not having the sugar rushes anymore.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Assuming that you make no other changes to your diet (some people eat more food because they have extra calories saved from not having a calorie ladened drink, thereby cancelling out the deficit), switching from regular soda to a no calorie one will help you lose weight.
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I llike water too. infact i live in china, so everyday i drink alot of water, and about one week ago started drinking litres of oolong and chinese green tea. but after work, and also at lunch time when i go home, i cant stop myself buying one because its like i just want to relax and without the coke i dont feel satisfied, i know it sounds crazy but its true! lol especially if i eat lunch or dinner, i realy really REALLY enjoy having coke with my meal, if i dont i cant stop thinking about it.
  • Epratt42034
    Epratt42034 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have noticed I've lost more weight since I've dropped my daily coke zero habit. I have one maybe once every two weeks (as a treat). I noticed I feel really bloated after I drink it though.
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see that its ok, but my Husband and allllllllllll the chinese girls i know say its not good for weight loss. Even though i tell them it has no calories. Infact, there was a teacher who was more overweight than i was, and i havent seen her in two months, and i saw her yesterday and she is tiny! like i couldnt believe my eyes, HOW! she told me she drank ALOT of water and tea, and just cut out sweet things, but ate normal. But I am still convinced there is some sort of secret that shes not telling me, because if you saw her it just looks like HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH HOW HOW HOW! i'd say she has lost about 30 - 40 pounds! in fact, seeing her did not help me at all.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie drinks will not hinder weight loss, eating in a caloric deficit is the only thing that you need to do to lose weight... I drink 2 or 3 Diet Pepsi a day and have lost 300+ lbs, with no problem from drinking it... and I am on the side of the fence that doesn't buy into all the chemical fear mongering.... I still drink 100+ oz. of water on top of my diet pepsi and don't plan on stopping anytime soon... Best of Luck
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My experience with coke zero is that when I drank it, I ended up craving sweet foods for the rest of the day. If I gave in and ate them, not good for weight loss! I gave it up ages ago. I drink black coffee instead! From the bodies point of view there is absolutely nothing good about coke zero (except for the lack of calories), sorry !!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Before drinking Zero I was drinking normal coke. That was before I started losing weight. Now I still drink zero & even pepsi max...
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

the problem with coke zero is that there is a sugar substitute called aspartame in it which may stimulate your appetite.

Coke also has no nutritional value- no vitamins, no minerals, nothing. I can see how far away from home and after a stressful day it can be so relaxing to have it as a treat. Nevertheless I would be careful with a daily intake. Coke zero with zero calories and no risks sounds too good to be true. And it is. Numerous studies have shown that there is a direct link between daily coke intake and cancer as well as cavities.

All this is coming from a total health nut though. I don't drink coke or any other drink with artificial sweeteners.
    My suggestion: Try 100% juices mixed with sparkling water. Germans LOVE that- it at least provides you with some vitamins.
    Or squeeze your own juice. Or make a smoothie- berries+yoghurt+juice= JUMMMY!

All the best on your weight loss journey!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    1 litre? Is that it? LOL

I drink litres of the crap daily and I still lose weight. I don't recommend drinking that much of any liquid other than water, though.