Chicken Balsamico

Options
brityn
brityn Posts: 443 Member
This is what I made for dinner last night and was pleasently surprised at how easy, flavorful, and "non-healthy" it tasted. I'm trying not to eat a ton of carbs after six so I served it without the pasta with a side green salad and grilled asparagus, but my husband had it served over whole wheat penne.

The recipe and it's nutritional info is saved under 'recipes' on MFP. Let me know how you all liked it

serves 4
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 6oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3/4 c. water
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 c. sliced pitted kalamata olives
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
hot cooked penne or orzo pasta

1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.

2. Stir the garlic, vinegar and water in the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, olives, and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.

Replies

• Jessifer123
    Options
    Sounds Yummy! Thanks :smile:
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ooh, this sounds yummy, I'll have to try it, thanks for sharing!
  • brityn
    Options
    245 Calories
    27g carbs
    4g fat
    27g protein
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This sounds easy and delish! Thanks :)
  • shintowa
    Options
    I can't wait to try this, thanks!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I just made this for dinner today! OMG it was so awesome... :) Thank you so much for the recipe :flowerforyou:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooooo going to make this one.
  • meaneyz
    meaneyz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sure does sound yummy! So, I'm wondering, how much orzo (or penne) is in each serving to still have that calorie count?
  • brityn
    Options
    Sorry, the carb choice isn't factored into the calorie count... I'm doing low carb and it slipped my mind when i was adding everything up!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    This is what I made for dinner last night and was pleasently surprised at how easy, flavorful, and "non-healthy" it tasted. I'm trying not to eat a ton of carbs after six so I served it without the pasta with a side green salad and grilled asparagus, but my husband had it served over whole wheat penne.

The recipe and it's nutritional info is saved under 'recipes' on MFP. Let me know how you all liked it

serves 4
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    2 6oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
    3/4 c. water
    1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
    1/2 c. thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
    1/2 c. sliced pitted kalamata olives
    1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
    1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
    hot cooked penne or orzo pasta

1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.

2. Stir the garlic, vinegar and water in the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, olives, and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.

sounds fabulous! i'll have to try it.