Accepted Into the Police Academy! :)

Options
With the little amount of weight I have lost, I got the courage to apply for the Sheriff's Office Reserves Program. I passed my PT Test and have been accepted into the Academy starting September 3rd. I already work at the Sheriff's Office as a 911 Dispatcher. I have always wanted to go on patrol but due to being over-weight my dreams were put on the back burner. I applied to get my foot in the door. I never thought I would enjoy dispatch so much that I do not want to leave just yet so joining the Reserves I can now do both. :)

Replies

• james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome, i am so jealous such an important job and all. You should be very proud of youself.
    :heart:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats from one of the "thinnest of the blue lines" to another. Good to know you aren't totally jumping to the other side of the headset, but can still pursue your dreams.

Good luck to you!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome! And good luck :drinker:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for your service!
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! I am a reserve for our county sheriff's department and love it! Keep working to get fit. I know you can do this!!!! :)
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, the best of luck to you & STAY SAFE!!!!!! The job will be what YOU make of it, I certainly enjoyed my 20 years.....
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congratulations!!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!
  • spappas1989
    spappas1989 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! My hubby is a LEO and he is loving it! Good luck!!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    This:
    Congratulations, the best of luck to you & STAY SAFE!!!!!! The job will be what YOU make of it, I certainly enjoyed my 20 years.....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    congratulations
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    AWESOME most of these guys served in one way or another. Go Girl
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    With the little amount of weight I have lost, I got the courage to apply for the Sheriff's Office Reserves Program. I passed my PT Test and have been accepted into the Academy starting September 3rd. I already work at the Sheriff's Office as a 911 Dispatcher. I have always wanted to go on patrol but due to being over-weight my dreams were put on the back burner. I applied to get my foot in the door. I never thought I would enjoy dispatch so much that I do not want to leave just yet so joining the Reserves I can now do both. :)

Good luck! I have a lot more respect for Sheriff's Deputies than I do police. Be safe, be fair, and don't buy jackboots.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling well. Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!