Tomato face

Options
Does anyone else's face get embarrassingly red when they work out? I am very pale, and when I start getting a good sweat on and really get heated up my face turns almost dark red and stays like that for a good 30-45 min after! I know it's normal for some people, but it makes me so self conscious! I'm surprised people don't call an ambulance or something...

Replies

• Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm the same!
    Very pale skin and I get so red in the face!
    Just shows that you're working hard :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yup. I sweat profusely and turn red at the slightest exertion. I've had trainers ask me if I am holding my breath - nope. I've been asked a couple of times if I am ok. My race photos are always terrible. I've had people comment on it at meetings I've had after working out (I stay red for a couple of hours, just not as bright).

I just joke and laugh about it now. I can't change it, may as well embrace it.
    I'm also very fair.
  • msSarah83
    Options
    I have the same thing but I could care less about it. :smile:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've had the pleasure of being hit in the face with a tomato at the gym. But I'll BOLO in the future, those produce tossers are sneaky from what I can tell.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is me :laugh: And since my hair's bright red at the moment it's like my entire head goes one colour!
  • ajmaupin
    ajmaupin Posts: 44
    Options
    I am an olived-skinned hispanic female and I sweat a lot, steam up my glasses and turn beet red and stay that way for up to an hour afterward. My trainer says thats how he knows I had a good workout :happy:
  • dayhadley
    Options
    Same here. I'm Irish/German/English so I have all the pink and pasty white you can get. Though I've gotten a big thumbs up on my recent annual health check up, I turn beet red when I exercise. And it doesn't help if you're sweaty, cuz now everyone thinks you're going to stroke out. Kind of embarrassing.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Yep, with heat and/or exertion I become a human tomato.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Me too! People keep asking if I'm Ok and then I realize it's because my face is beet red.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Mine has been every time lately! I'm very pale too.

14877786.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Or frustration. Or irritation.

It sucks for work when I am trying to maintain my composure and my face gives it away.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yup, very pale and my face and arms both turn embarrassingly red. No one has asked if I was okay thus far... So that's good unless it's just cause everyone's an *kitten*.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yes! Within a few minutes I'm bright red. I've learned to warn my running partners in advance lol. I try to rinse my face with cool water after I wash it and that seems to help a bit, but while I'm running, I just deal with it haha
  • I do. It's worse because I have a very round face...
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    Ahahahahaha, yes! My face starts getting red right when I start warming up, it's ridiculous. When I go to zumba I try not to look at myself in the mirror because it's quite alarming. XD I've had people frequently ask me if I need to go sit down.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yep. I am so pale. People stop to ask me if I am alright. If I sit in the sauna it's even worse!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    same happens here. I thought it be less once I was in better shape, but it's still just as bad.
  • ermer00
    ermer00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had that problem ever since I was a kid. I always go REALLY red and my face doesn't go back to a regular colour for a while after I've finished my workout. It looks like I'm super sunburnt but I'm really not.
  • Laurenluv
    Options
    Well now I know I am not alone! You guys are funny!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

Or frustration. Or irritation.

It sucks for work when I am trying to maintain my composure and my face gives it away.

Or the uncontrollable blushing. That one gets me. Sometimes I'm not even remotely embarassed. Stupid fair complexion.