oh why I can't give you up

Options

Replies

• Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I enjoy the cream and sugar in my tea in the mornings.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Please list the exact ingredients in McDonald's iced caramel coffee. Then tell me why you want that inside your body.

Because it's delicious. What kind of ridiculous question is that? "Why do you want this list of chemicals in your body" is not a valid response to "I really love drinking this."

Anyway, to OP: it's 100 calories. Just drink it. Leave room.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I really like kouign amans. I try to fit them in once a week. I know that the sugary, buttery flakey goodness is nutritionally useless.

I had one of those once, made fresh. It rocked my world.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Addiction sucks.

Do they have Iced Coffee Anonymous?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Please list the exact ingredients in McDonald's iced caramel coffee. Then tell me why you want that inside your body.

Edited to add: I just looked it up:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 serving (22oz)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 70
    Calories 190

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 115mg 5%

Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 29g YES THAT IS 29G OF SUGAR IN EACH CUP!

Protein 2g

I also found the ingredients:

Premium Roast Coffee. Light Cream: Milk, cream,

sodium phosphate, sodium polyphosphate, DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium citrate, carrageenan. IN OTHER WORDS A CHEMICAL COCKTAIL

CONTAINS: MILK. Vanilla Syrup (a sugar): Sugar, water, fructose (a sugar), natural (plant source) and artificial flavor, caramel color (with sulfites), potassium sorbate (preservative), citric acid, malic acid. Ice.

The reason these chemicals are in the “Light Cream” is because they cost less than real cream, and people instinctively think that real cream is bad for them because of the fat and calories. The truth is McDonald’s Iced Coffee is not a drink with simply coffee, milk, and sugar.

"I don't see nothin' wrong... " (picture R KELLY saying this) "with a little iced coffaaaaaaaaaaaaay.... from McDeeeZ..."

:heart: iced caramel coffee. So cheap and so delicious!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 70
    Calories 190

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 115mg 5%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Protein 2g

sodium phosphate, sodium polyphosphate, DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium citrate, carrageenan. IN OTHER WORDS A CHEMICAL COCKTAIL

CONTAINS: MILK. Vanilla Syrup (a sugar): Sugar, water, fructose (a sugar), natural (plant source) and artificial flavor, caramel color (with sulfites), potassium sorbate (preservative), citric acid, malic acid. Ice.

The reason these chemicals are in the “Light Cream” is because they cost less than real cream, and people instinctively think that real cream is bad for them because of the fat and calories. The truth is McDonald’s Iced Coffee is not a drink with simply coffee, milk, and sugar.

How's the crusade and food demonizing working for you? The "CHEMICAL COCKTAIL" you listed can be summized to be primarily...salt. Oh no 29g of sugar?!?!?!

Edit, typo
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 70
    Calories 190

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 5g 25%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 115mg 5%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Protein 2g

LMAO, I'm willing to bet you consume all manners of chemical cocktails every single day

I always wonder how many of the people so concerned with chemicals have given up alcohol consumption as well. (I have not, myself, but then again I'm not afraid of "chemicals" in my food.)
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a matter of giving it up. If you were to completely give it up, there is a chance you would binge on it, just like any other yummy, delish, bad-for-us foods that we aren't "supposed" to have when trying to lose weight.

If you can fit it in your budget, go for it!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

For those demonizing sugar, so let me guess you use the artificial garbage - which oh yeah is a grocery list of CHEMICALS!

I would rather consume sugar than the artificial stuff anyday of the week! I admit I am a sucker for a venti vanilla iced coffee from starbucks - I make it work in my cals for the day and enjoy every sip!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

For those demonizing sugar, so let me guess you use the artificial garbage - which oh yeah is a grocery list of CHEMICALS!

I would rather consume sugar than the artificial stuff anyday of the week! I admit I am a sucker for a venti vanilla iced coffee from starbucks - I make it work in my cals for the day and enjoy every sip!!!

Would you eat this?

(2R,3R,4S,5S,6R)-2-[(2S,3S,4S,5R)-3,4-dihydroxy-2,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-yl]oxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxane-3,4,5-triol
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't have to give it up if you don't want to. If it works into your daily allowance, I guess it's fine! I'm all about "if it fits your macros" but I wouldn't drink something that has 29g of sugar on a daily basis (but once a week, yep, maybe, I love sugar!). Maybe try to limit it to 4-5x a week at first and then 2-3... and etc.

Plus, if I'm having 29g of sugar in a sitting, it better be from a cupcake, to me it's more worth it than a coffee :) But it still won't be a daily thing. But that is ME and my way of seeing things (and food).

You know, I used to think I wasn't able to NOT eat a whole chocolate bar (those Lindt 75%-80% ones... The BIG ones). So I'd only buy the smaller version of the bar whenever I was craving dark chocolate. But it was all in my mind. I CAN eat 2-3 squares and keep the rest for another day. It's a mental thing. Stop saying you CAN'T give it up, because you can, even if it is not easy. And really you don't have to give it up entirely.

Good luck (although it isn't luck really ;)).
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Not referring to the McDonald's frap they actually have a regular ol' iced coffee that's actually pretty good on calories. The frap for both Starbucks and McD's are just way way to sweet for me. I usually get a medium iced coffee at McDonald's for a 180 calories. It just I know I should stop and get coffee at work but they are soooo yummy.

I really need to stop... I know I can give it up, if I can do it with soda I know I can do it with this..

Why must you give it up? If you like it, and you make it work into your day, I don't see the problem.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's 100 calories. If you love it, make it fit into your day.
    There's no way I'm giving up my coffee every day!!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

Would you eat this?

(2R,3R,4S,5S,6R)-2-[(2S,3S,4S,5R)-3,4-dihydroxy-2,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-yl]oxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxane-3,4,5-triol

maybe...what is it?
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee cold turkey and replaced it with lemon ginger water. I don't miss it at all now and it's been over four years.
    I understand wanting to stop putting chemical things in your body... or at least limiting them when possible. Some people don't mind consuming them but others of us care about cancer and what is going on inside our bodies also... not just the outside ;)
    I try to only eat organic fruits, veggies, lentils, beans, nuts, seeds, etc. and don't use sugar, just crushed dates for baking or a little maple syrup.
    Maybe you could try to make a healthier version of your coffee drink if you can't quit?
    http://vegetarian.about.com/od/rawfooddessertrecipes/r/raw-cacao-shake.htm Like try this... looks awesome! :) If you are too busy to make it before work you could prepare it the night before maybe.

Nice ingredients too... and nothing weird and chemical ;)

Ingredients:
    •1 cup almonds, macadamia nuts or walnuts
    •4 cups water
    •2 to 4 frozen bananas, to taste
    •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    •1/4 cup tightly packed medjool dates (or substitute 1/4 cup agave nectar, or to taste)
    •1/4 cup raw cacao powder
    •1 to 2 tablespoons almond butter or coconut butter, optional

Preparation:

Blend the nuts and water together on high speed for 30 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, reserving the milky liquid. Rinse out the blender and replace the milk. Blend in all the remaining ingredients, and whatever else you've got up your sleeve, and enjoy! If the blender warmed everything up too much, chill the shakes in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.

Anyhow I'm sure many people on here will have a problem with this but I thought I'd suggest it anyhow....
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't have to give it up if you don't want to. If it works into your daily allowance, I guess it's fine! I'm all about "if it fits your macros" but I wouldn't drink something that has 29g of sugar on a daily basis (but once a week, yep, maybe, I love sugar!). Maybe try to limit it to 4-5x a week at first and then 2-3... and etc.

Plus, if I'm having 29g of sugar in a sitting, it better be from a cupcake, to me it's more worth it than a coffee :) But it still won't be a daily thing. But that is ME and my way of seeing things (and food).

You know, I used to think I wasn't able to NOT eat a whole chocolate bar (those Lindt 75%-80% ones... The BIG ones). So I'd only buy the smaller version of the bar whenever I was craving dark chocolate. But it was all in my mind. I CAN eat 2-3 squares and keep the rest for another day. It's a mental thing. Stop saying you CAN'T give it up, because you can, even if it is not easy. And really you don't have to give it up entirely.

Good luck (although it isn't luck really ;)).

Agree with this , dont know anything about coffee, for me its the diet coke , just cant shake it. I've cut it back quite a bit but I still enjoy it and dont feel guilty about it.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

Would you eat this?

maybe...what is it?

Load it on me bro! +1 for use of awesome science to baffle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

Would you eat this?

maybe...what is it?

It's a scary-sounding "CHEMICAL!" found in vegetables.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    edit
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and fit it in!!

Would you eat this?

maybe...what is it?

LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: