SV and NSV

Options
After 11 weeks on MFP, I've lost 16 pounds. (Over 27 since Christmas.) This week I experienced a scale victory and a non-scale victory.

1) This week I brought my BMI down to 29.86. I am officially now no longer obese, merely overweight! This was actually my goal when I originally started MFP, but I certainly am not going to stop now. Six more pounds and I'm down to what I weighed when my first kid was born, nine years ago. I think I'll make that by Halloween. Once I reach my "pre-baby" weight I'll probably go for at least another 5 pounds. Right now I weigh less than I have in seven years and I'm very pleased about that.

2) About five years ago I went up one pants size (36" to 38"). This was supposed to be temporary, but eventually reached a point where all of the trousers hanging in my closet were 38" (and earlier in the year some were getting pretty tight, making me wonder if might need to upgrade to 40"). A few weeks ago I found a box in the closet that contained five or six pairs of Dockers, all 36" waist, all virtually unworn and some still with the tags on. Today I decided to try one on for work, and it fit fine! Looser, in fact, than my larger pants were at the beginning the year. I'm wearing it now and am very happy about it.

Bonus: I just saved over $200 now that I don't have to buy a bunch of new pants!

Double bonus: I have a 29" inseam, and for some reason I could only find 38" trousers with a 30" inseam. So most of my pants were frayed at the bottom. But all of these new/old ones are the correct inseam! I've been wearing baggy, frayed trousers for the past two weeks since school started, but no more!

Replies

• slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have a box of jeans that I am determined to be able to get out before my birthday! I will be smaller then I was when I got pregnant for my daughter and she will be ten right before my birthday.

Great Job!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Go you.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I checked when I got home and discovered that it's actually 8 pair of brand-new Dockers. That's over $300 saved! Maybe I should put that towards a personal trainer at the gym.

I know the back of my closet is filled with shirts that were too tight last year, too. A lot of people here say they're going to buy new clothes when they lose weight, but I guess I won't have to. (My wife says that's one of the advantages of men's clothes -- what was fine five years ago is still fine.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!