bye bye dairy

Options
theGuest
theGuest Posts: 117 Member
I was just wondering if getting rid of dairy would help speed up the weight loss process?

I am aware of all of the "it's part of a healthy diet bla bla bla"

Has anyone had any positive experiences with this?

Replies

• theGuest
    Options
    I was just wondering if getting rid of dairy would help speed up the weight loss process?

I am aware of all of the "it's part of a healthy diet bla bla bla"

Has anyone had any positive experiences with this?
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am not too sure although I haven't given up dairy I just made everything lowfat or fat free and if I do eat a full fat dairy, I just make sure I only eat or drink a small amount. It probably isn't good to eliminate any food group completely unless you are guided by a professional
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have read that dairy actually HELPS you lose weight. Stick to low fat options of yogurt, and cheese and skim milk. and it IS an important part of your diet.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'll go on and be that person that says "its part of a healthy diet"

just like with everything else, moderation is key.

As someone once told me, God made all the food groups for a reason :)

the choice is up to you, but upon further research, i think you will find that cutting it out all together dosent help your diet anymore than portion control does.

good luck!
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have read that dairy actually HELPS you lose weight. Stick to low fat options of yogurt, and cheese and skim milk. and it IS an important part of your diet.

I just read that at the gym today aswell!! Keep eating those yogurts!!!!!!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Dairy helps with the control of sweeet cravings.. having enough will help curb that.... just a helpful hint...:bigsmile:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I gave up dairy completely for 8 months while I was breastfeeding my son (he is allergic to dairy) I didn't notice any change in my weigt what so ever. I am no longer nursing, and have started eating and drinking dairy again and have lost almost 10 lbs., so I think dairy 2-3 times a day has helped me lose...
  • theGuest
    Options
    you guys are silly.

thanks for the advice!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I noticed going to fat free dairy changed my weight loss a bit (last time I did this). I am a dairy freak, so it helped. If you give up the dairy, just make sure you take a calcium supplement, we need that :)
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so I would never know the difference if I tried to lose weight with dairy.....I don't care for it either...it's pretty gross thing to consume if you think about it....I'm kinda happy I can't have it. I think the dairy companies pay for the advertisements that say you should have it for a healthy diet...go fig.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so I would never know the difference if I tried to lose weight with dairy.....I don't care for it either...it's pretty gross thing to consume if you think about it....I'm kinda happy I can't have it. I think the dairy companies pay for the advertisements that say you should have it for a healthy diet...go fig.

Being that you are lactose intolerant, I'm betting you DO consume some dairy substitutes, which are just as nutritious and just as beneficial for your healthy diet. Soy is totally an option, especially for those with medical conditions like yours and for vegans. When I refer to "dairy products" what I really mean to say is "dairy products and alternatives."
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love soy! The veggie slices taste and melt just like real american cheese...so good!