STRESSED OUT!!!!!!

Options
Ok need some ideas on how I can kick stresses butt instead of it kicking mine!!!!! My life is stressful no matter what, but this past month it has just gotten out of control.. And no there hasn't been any changes this past month. Just finding it hard to stay on top of everything and seem to be more on edge.
So when life is biting you in the rear end what do you do to calm down?????

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    exercise =)
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    exercise =)

I agree, nothing helps me de-stress better than blasting some music on a cardio machine :o)
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    I exercise too. it helps with endorphins. maybe you have too much on your plate right now. or find some time to relax.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Definitely exercise! xxx
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Exercise, watch a funny movie, have a laugh - about anything - and if you haven't already done so, cut out caffeine! I used to drink loads of coffee and it would push my stress levels through the roof. Good luck :smile:
  • KylieWood
    Options
    You need to say NO and think about yourself. If it's work that's stressing you out, take some time out. You are entitled in any full time job sick leave. You can get a medical for personal health leave. Your health and wellbeing is so much important than a job. I know that we need to work to pay those bills, but you also need some time out. Exercise can be a great idea too, but if you are too stressed out, your eating patterns might be off as well, so you may not have the energy to exericse which can cause you to get sick.

Take care mate!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Exercise is #1 but there are other things that help as well.

Prayer/meditation. I am a Catholic and there is a saint (Padre Pio) who said, "Pray, Hope, Don't Worry". You don't have to be Catholic to see the wisdom in that one. Even if you are not religious at all, just take time to stop, meditate and deep breathe. I tell myself that worrying is not going to help or change the situations that are causing me anxiety and stress. I focus on pro-active solutions that help me gain control again. Even little ones help.

Eating well. When I am most stressed I focus on eating really well.

Sometimes at night, if I know my brain is too full, I take an herbal supplement (Valerian) to help me sleep. Traditional Medicinals has a tea called, Organic Easy Now Tea. It is really wonderful. Look into some homeopathy or Bach flowers. Getting enough sleep is really important.

Take care of yourself.

D
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    everything mentioned is great.... exercise for endorphin release.... say no doing something for someone is good for them but not good for you . for whatever reason don't do it. you will suffer. not them.... rule is if it is good for them and good for you green lite...
    you owe no one an explanation as to why... you are in charge of you no one else. Lastly. acceptance and creation... you are aware of what is not right and what is stressing you... accept it is what it is... then create somethng better.... make the best lemonade with the lemons you have.... and you will feell less stress.... also meditation ,yoga. and simply taking time out for yourself will do wonders... best wishes.
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    I exercise 4 days a week and I am eating good, I think the stress of the past three years are just catching up. Hubby was in a very bad accident almost 3 years ago, he has had 6 surgeries and we still might not be done, But this past month I just can't seem to get on top of everything, I go on 2 trips a year just to get a break from everything (hubby is great knowing that it is hard on me not just him).
    Maybe menopause is finally starting. just tired of crying over nothing.
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I recently started exercising to relieve stress and I wasnt sure If I was noticing a difference but EVERYONE around me noticed it so I guess it is! My fiance and I were arguing about a certain bill before I left and went to Zumba and then when I came home he said it was like I was a different person. I personally think I was just too tired to care;)

I have 3 kids that live with my and a step daughter that doesn't (there is 50% of my stress---her mother) and I am going to school online. My van just got a new transmission and then two days later sounds like its going to fall apart.... blah....blah.,....blah. What I am trying to say is that life is SUPER stressful right now and for some reason I feel healthier and as stress free as ever! I am assuming This is a direct correlation to the 11 lbs I lost this month and the exercise and new friends I have made.

Its different from person to person what is actually going to work....meditation, prayer, meds, exercise or a funny movie but It sure cant hurt anymore to try these things. You are already stressed out so they could only help right.... (ps... it could be medical too so ask your doc if you have one. He/she might have some suggestions since they know you)
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Maybe menopause is finally starting. just tired of crying over nothing.
    hmmmmmmmmm that might be a factor ;) Nick said he is moving into the basement when that happens.... I dont blame him. There are vitamins and supplements that can help get you through though. Knowledge is power. Do your research and arm yourself :)
  • iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    Also important is what is not going to take stress out your life (at least not for longer that a few minutes) and that is using food to try to help deal with stress or numb feelings or escape for a while. That is what I've done over the years and why I'm overweight.

Recently I've realized that a 30 minute swim makes me feel better and better for longer than junk food every did.

But try to think about how you can deal with the root cause of the stress if possible instead of assuming the stress will always be there and that you need ways to deal with the symptoms.

I've recently made some big changes in my life to try to deal with the root causes of my overeating. I'm feeling better about life in general and that makes it 100 times easier to stick to a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck
    Ally
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to unplug myself from the main frame, leave the house and go for a walk along a river or Forrest. Nothing helps like nature.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all this! That is really tough. But you know, after I had my baby, I felt like I was falling into depression. I did not want to, I was fighting it but nothing seemed to help Untill I tried Zumba! Nothing relieves stress like Zumba class! Find a closest class to you on www.zumba.com:drinker:
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    Have you seen your Doctor? I would start there. Then is there anything better than a nice long walk or a long soak in a hot bath with a great book. Two of my favorite de-stressers