SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN

Options
larsensue
larsensue Posts: 461 Member
Calling all Saskatonians, lets start our own group and support eachother. I was doing a person search today and saw that ALOT of Saskatonians log on to MFP everyday! WOW way to go Saskatoon. anyways I was thinking since we all live here and can understand our unique climactic struggles we could also start up a Saskatoon support group and help each other out. I am looking for more friend on MFP and would love to load up on people from Saskatoon. so watch the new groups for "Saskatoon Sisters/brothers shine"
Hope to see you all in the new group!
and if you want to friend me I am open to that too.
Thanks!
Suzanne:flowerforyou:

Replies

• wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I'm not from there, I live in Minnesota USA... Anyway, I just had to add this because anytime someone tells me they're going to Saskatoon or I see they're from the area... THIS is what comes into my head .... It makes me chuckle...

Best of luck and I hope you find some MFPers for support!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKUDRW9EA2c
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • larsensue
    Options
    I'm not from there, I live in Minnesota USA... Anyway, I just had to add this because anytime someone tells me they're going to Saskatoon or I see they're from the area... THIS is what comes into my head .... It makes me chuckle...

Best of luck and I hope you find some MFPers for support!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKUDRW9EA2c
    Thanks! I will watch the vid at home later!!
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! i'm from the southeast corner of Saskatchewan about 2 hours from regina! Feel free to add me!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Meh. Saskatoon is over rated.
  • thenextstep
    Options
    I watch for the group :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Like half my friend list is from Saskatoon. I'm from NY, so I mean at least you hopefully don't eat Poutine that far west.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Options
    Like half my friend list is from Saskatoon. I'm from NY, so I mean at least you hopefully don't eat Poutine that far west.

I only eat poutine if it is the traditional poutine... most poutine is a farce and VERY dissapointing.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I only eat poutine if it is the traditional poutine... most poutine is a farce and VERY dissapointing.

I really wouldn't know, I just assume it tastes like evil.. with gravy. were does one even get traditional? Quebec?
  • larsensue
    Options
    BUMP. Where are you all? I know you Saskatonians are out there!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Options

I really wouldn't know, I just assume it tastes like evil.. with gravy. were does one even get traditional? Quebec?

Yes Quebec is where you get the super traditional one. I have a friend from down east that lives here and she makes a killer poutine, way better than anything you can buy in most places. And yes it tastes like delicious evil.
  • Outrageous_HappYness
    Options
    I live in the West End - work in the East End....HELLO :) (and I am originally from Quebec so I know my poutine *wink*)
  • Flip4chan
    Flip4chan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, I no longer live in Canada, but I grew up in Regina (14 years)!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I've never lived in or been anywhere near Saskatoon, but I just have to interject that Saskatoon Berry Tea is freakin' AWESOME! I read about it in a publication from Michigan State University and had to order some to try it out. So glad I did!