Hi everyone :)

Options
So I wanted to say hi to everyone and put myself out there. I have been part of FP for a couple of days now and I really like what the site and people have to offer. I am excited to be a part of something like this and look forward to seeing what progress can be made when you have a support network that is going through the same thing as I am going through. I am about 196 lbs (was 208 a couple weeks ago) but I really hope to get to 145. No less because I think i look pretty darn good at that size! So far, I have worked harder than I ever have before so I am feeling really good about this!

I am a mom of four-10 year old daughter, 10 year old stepdaughter, 8 year old son and an 18 month old princess. That are great kids and usually mind their manners. We all just moved about an hour and a half away from our home town to be with my fiance's (Nick) family. Its not that far away but it seems like a land apart. All of my friends are up north and I miss them dearly. I think that is what caused a little bit of a weight gain. I put on 13 lbs during the moving process. This is mainly due to the fast food we ate because of our kitchen being packed as well as the fact that Nicks Mom has her own diner and the food is GREAT (but terribly bad for you), You would never know it because her and Nick are stick thin! I cant stand it. He could eat a whole steak and cheese sub and not gain a pound. Me... I eat a chocolate chip cookie and you can see the outline of a 100 chips in my thigh!!! Needless to say Nick is willing to support me and even start cooking healthier (did i mention he is a chef).

I just went back to school for year number eight in college. I am currently participating in the *new Funeral Home Admin BA degree. The reason I am saying this is that it kind of poses a problem. I presently do NOT fit in any of my suits. I have nice suits that I would like to wear when I go back to work in that field. This is what really spurred the interest in weight loss and exercise. That and Its tough running after an 18 month old when you are 208 lbs.

I look forward to being a part of this and hope to get some support during these hard times of learning to eat right and exercise!

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie:flowerforyou:
    This is a great site...keep reading and posting, it'll help keep things real....
    glad you're here:smile:
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I actually have the same goals! :) I was 207 and have so far lost 13 pounds so I'm 193-ish. I would love to be down to 145 or 140. I'm 5'2" so the extra weight doesn't look good on me. I think this site is awesome and I wish you luck on your weight loss journey :smile:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find so much support here on your journey! It is fantastic that your fiance is supporting you too- my husband has been supporting me.

Good luck on your journey xxx
  • mykaar74
    Options
    welcome you are in the right place. best wishes on your journey. feel free to add me for support
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We can do it together. Good job yestewrday staying under. I have Zumba tonight. U? Love ya Mandy and miss you to pieces. Love and light bright blessing Mary
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I need all the support I can get. I have been over weight since 5th grade. It was never obese just a little overweight. Now its gotten to the point that I cant even handle my own weight. I am going to keep on going and work my butt off.(at least half of it ;)

ps... Mary I love you too and miss you more than words <3