Increase macros on workout days? IIFYM help?

Options
I just got into IIFYM and on a reverse diet and I was wondering, are you supposed to increase your caloric intake on workout days?When I add exercise to the diary, the required amount of macros and calories increases, should I follow that or stick to my normal required caloric intake?

Also when you meet your required macros but not the calories, what do you do?

Replies

• zhongren
    Options
    Bump?
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You use macros to track your calories, so ultimately if you are following macros, you pretty much ignore the calories, or at least I do. Their usually off anyways as most companies who have 4 calories or less in an item are allowed to list it as zero by the administration. It is up to you if you wish to increase your food intake on workout days or not. The main part is to be consistent on whether you start doing it or not. If you decide to eat back calories, make sure you do that consistently on the training days. If you decide to ignore eating back calories, be sure to make that consistent. Personal preference my friend :)
  • IshaAnderson18
    IshaAnderson18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    About the meeting macros but not calories. I believe (not 100% sure) that MFP does something weird with fibre calories somehow. So essentially, if you are hitting your macros then don't worry about your calories being a little low.