help someone...!!! seriously demotivated

Options
2»

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I really don't think she's doing that badly with her calories, I've had worse days myself. And, honestly, if she was creating a massive deficit she would be losing weight, that's science for you.

Make sure you weight and measure everything you eat and don't get too caught up on the scale. Get a tape measure and follow your progress that way.

Actually, a deficit too large will stall weight loss. And 1200 cals isn't enough for someone who's already burning 600 from exercise.

Yes, but it would take longer than three weeks to stall. And she's eating more than 1200 some days.

And some days she's eating 600. If she's not losing weight, it's because she's not eating enough, which is obviously the cause. Increase calorie intake, body has enough energy to function properly, body loses weight.

that's not entirely true. back when I was around 15 or 16 I ate like 600 calories a day and lost 40 pounds in 3 months

And I bet you were in tip top shape after that.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    I really don't think she's doing that badly with her calories, I've had worse days myself. And, honestly, if she was creating a massive deficit she would be losing weight, that's science for you.

Make sure you weight and measure everything you eat and don't get too caught up on the scale. Get a tape measure and follow your progress that way.

Actually, a deficit too large will stall weight loss. And 1200 cals isn't enough for someone who's already burning 600 from exercise.

Yes, but it would take longer than three weeks to stall. And she's eating more than 1200 some days.

And some days she's eating 600. If she's not losing weight, it's because she's not eating enough, which is obviously the cause. Increase calorie intake, body has enough energy to function properly, body loses weight.

that's not entirely true. back when I was around 15 or 16 I ate like 600 calories a day and lost 40 pounds in 3 months

And I bet you were in tip top shape after that.

of course not, but that's clearly not my point... The point is you lose weight if you have an extreme calorie deficit

i'm a lot happier the way I'm doing it now

The OP has already admitted doing fad diets and being paranoid about eating more, we're trying to encourage her to get on a healthy weight loss track here.
  • caseydevil
    caseydevil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are really eating way to less. 3 cups of cucumber is not lunch. Offcourse your body will stop to work.
    What's your height?
  • muhsina89
    muhsina89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are really eating way to less. 3 cups of cucumber is not lunch. Offcourse your body will stop to work.
    What's your height?
    i am 168 cm / 5"5
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    What's your height?
    i am 168 cm / 5"5

How much do you weigh?
  • muhsina89
    Options
    How much do you weigh?
    [/quote]

207 lbs.. my ideal is 154 lbs...
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    Okay, now based on that, your BMR is around 1700 calories. That means that even if you lay in bed all day and did nothing, your body still needs 1700 calories to keep everything working properly. You don't want to eat below this too often, because it makes it hard for your body to do everything it needs to, and it can start turning to your muscles for fuel (which you don't want!)

With the information you've given me and the workouts logged in your diary, I've worked out your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure). This takes into account your BMR and your exercise calories to give you a number you need to eat to lose weight. Based on your diary showing workouts 5-6 days a week, we get 2353 calories to lose 1.2lbs per week. This includes your workout calories so you don't have to even worry about logging those, as long as you're consistent with them. I know the number seems high, but remember it's already factored in 600 cals from working out! If it's easier, try upping your calories 100-150 per week until you reach your goal. I put the link below to the calculator so you can have a look yourself. When you've lost more than 5lbs, you'll need to recalculate your TDEE so you're not eating too much.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

If you can, stick with this calorie number for about a month. This gives your body time to adjust to the new amount of energy it has, and then start losing weight.

Does everything make sense?
  • muhsina89
    Options
    Okay, now based on that, your BMR is around 1700 calories. That means that even if you lay in bed all day and did nothing, your body still needs 1700 calories to keep everything working properly.

With the information you've given me and the workouts logged in your diary, I've worked out your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure). This takes into account your BMR and your exercise calories to give you a number you need to eat to lose weight. Based on your diary showing workouts 5-6 days a week, we get 2314 calories to lose 1.2lbs per week. This includes your workout calories so you don't have to even worry about logging those, as long as you're consistent with them. I know the number seems high, but remember it's already factored in 600 cals from working out! If it's easier, try upping your calories 100-150 per week until you reach your goal. I put the link below to the calculator so you can have a look yourself. When you've lost more than 5lbs, you'll need to recalculate your TDEE so you're not eating too much.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

If you can, stick with this calorie number for about a month. This gives your body time to adjust to the new amount of energy it has, and then start losing weight.

Does everything make sense?
    it makes more than sense to me.. the support.. thats overwhelming .. thanks ... thanks a lot .. n i mean it..:)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I know your feeling! It is hard to reset your life. I am quitting smoking and the daily motivation is hard. Exercise and punching is helpful with the frustration. Keep with it!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    Options
    Not a problem! Be sure to let me know how the new numbers go okay? :)
  • muhsina89
    Options
    Not a problem! Be sure to let me know how the new numbers go okay? :)
    course i will... being active in the forum is a motivation by itself...!!