Is this loose skin? Or can I lose it?

Options
Hello everyone. So this is a pretty big deal. I've NEVER taken a photo of my body without clothes to protect it before. I've always been ashamed of my stomach since I was 10 years old. My highest weight was 185lbs-ish. I'm now down to 112lbs... but my stomach STILL looks like this? Is this a loose skin thing? Or is this legitimate fat that I could still lose? The first time I noticed my stomach starting to look like this I was 120 if that helps. And I'm 5'4".

I'm just tired of seeing girls with bikini bodies that weigh 30lbs more than me. I know it's a muscle-fat ratio thing, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's physically possible for me to achieve a flat stomach.

The photo in question is my profile picture.

Thanks.

Replies

• 1414skinnyfat4141
    Options
    Please help?
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    so I see that you are twenty years old, you probably have no children...
    I think for you there are very good chances of losing it all with exercise and diet. If you were older (40ies), I'd say go see a plastic surgeon.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think that's hard to say with a picture... To me, being pretty overweight, it looks like you could still lose it. Can you have your body fat % measured? If you're still above 25% I'd lose a couple more pounds :)

Also, how long did it take you to lose the weight? My sis in law had WLS and lost 150 in less than a year. She did all kinds of research on loose skin and said it can take up to two years (maybe longer) for skin to firm up after weight loss.

Honestly, if I were in your position, I would try EVERYTHING I could to stay away from surgery. I can understand the body issues, I've had mine for years as well, but sometimes we just have to let go of the celebrity pictures and just go with what makes you healthy.

Good luck!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    it takes 2 years post weightloss for full skin recovery.

it is impossible to tell from your pic whether that is fat pouches or skin. bodyfat check is your best option?

your age is on your side.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It does look like u have some loose skin... I wish I knew what 2 tell u 2 do that would help but I really don't know much about this type of thing... I know that when I get really skinny I have a lil bit of loose skin & it doesn't seem like there's much that can be done about it short of a tummy tuck... But don't quote me on that... Like I said, I'm not an expert... I do wonder if there's maybe some kind of skin cream or a product that would tighten the skin a bit... Have u tried crunches or lifting? I know a lot of ppl here weigh more than I do but they do heavy lifting & they look amazing!!! Maybe u could gain a lil weight 2 fill it in & then add muscle 2 give u that toned look? Again, just a thought... Sorry I'm not much help... Hope some1 sees ur post & relies that can actually offer u some good advice... ;-)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    and are you working out? add in some significant lifting.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I didn't read if you exercise...

Maybe you should start exercising and focus on building some muscles. It'll give you a much better look and will help to shape the body you need.

Also I'd suggest body lotion and body massage too... It'll help the skin to get better.

You're too young to have lose skin.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Also if u are 5' 4" & 112 lbs I wouldn't think there's a whole lot more U should lose... I'm 5' 4" & when I was 105 my Dr HIGHLY recommended I gain at least 20 lbs... He said a healthy weight 4 my height would be no less than 120 lbs... Just fyi...
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Wow, 112 and your stomach still looks like this??_ I would say you should do some weight training 3 times a week. This can be body weight training too.

Also think about upping your calories a little 100 a day? until you reach maintenance for your height. Eating more calories, slowly upping to maintanence will help you to build muscle too.

You might gain a little on the scale as you gain muscle but don`t worry, if you look better it wont matter, will it?? And at 112 and 5'4" you must be on the lower end of your healthy weight.

Your young and should be able to get your belly back. Good luck and eat well.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You should concentrate on a good diet and weight training program (lift like a man!) and you will see an improvement. Age is on your side, also massage the skin with olive or coconut oil every day to help it recover.